Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VFG cleaning system

VFG cleaning system

Good evening
    Does anyone have experience of the VFG cleaning system using bore sized pellet shaped wads of felt. It sounds good but I wonder how effective it is?

I haven't used it myself for years, but Schultz & Larsen recommend it as the only cleaning necessary for their (cut-rifled) barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    Good evening
    Does anyone have experience of the VFG cleaning system using bore sized pellet shaped wads of felt. It sounds good but I wonder how effective it is?
    I use these for the Fireball .17, https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...664qvcQYPS3yYw
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Finn, are you happy with the results?
    I am thinking of using it for my 17hmr.

I know there is a debate about cleaning HMR but not sure if there is a clear opinion about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF View Post
    Finn, are you happy with the results?
    I am thinking of using it for my 17hmr.

I know there is a debate about cleaning HMR but not sure if there is a clear opinion about it.

A good system, if a little fiddly, there are two types of wad, one of them has a scrubbing wire in it,( obviously not steel!) I used to clean the HMR very regular, espescially the mod, it would build up with a muddy black sludge after around 50 or so rounds, LiL' Gun powder is notoriously dirty stuff.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I now use it on all my rifles with KG products find it all works together brilliantly.

I used to use them years ago when I was High power comp shooting they worked well, saying that I now just use patches to match bore size they are cheaper and work just the same.

I use them in most calibres. Just the regular felt pellets. Work well with KG products as mentioned before.

All I use; if I've shot a lot at a range session I might use one or 2 of the felts embedded with bronze but other than that I just use the standard ones.

I get them from here:

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/vfg_Items.html