Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GP charging for medical records

GP charging for medical records

Anyone had their GP charge them for the police to have access to medical records for firearms applications/renewals?

Quote Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
    Anyone had their GP charge them for the police to have access to medical records for firearms applications/renewals?
    I think there is a thread running on this subject that may help answer your question..

Ah sorry....hadnt seen it. I'll have a gander

Quote Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
    Do you have a medical condition that you have declared on your application form? If yes, then the Licensing office will want clarification from your doctor, you will normally have to ask your doctor for the relevant information ,that will incur a charge from your surgery.

I just had to get mine done. Took over a month for the doctors to sort it out. Now I'm waiting to see if it's all ok. In the meantime I have missed all my lamping as my fields have been ploughed in and I have not been able to get after the deer and fox for my local keeper!
    Really helpful. Just another way to make things harder for us!

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    I just had to get mine done. Took over a month for the doctor's receptionist to get off her lazy behind to sort it out. Now I'm waiting to see if it's all ok. In the meantime I have missed all my lamping as my fields have been ploughed in and I have not been able to get after the deer and fox for my local keeper!
    Really helpful. Just another way to make things harder for us!

It is not the doctor that is slow. You need to actively chase them up. The receptionist think they are gods, when you question them, they get all shirty and lose their temper. Write directly to your GP next time, tell them that it is an urgent matter regarding firearms. Your fitness report will be expedited if you write directly.

I never said it was the reception. If you read my post!

It was the whole process that took the time!

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    I never said it was the reception. If you read my post!

It was the whole process that took the time!

But inevitably it is the receptionist's duty to organise the doctor schedule and they do not prioritise such work as firearms you must chase them up or they will fob you off with lines like 'the doctor is extremely busy' aren't we all extremely busy but we still manage our workload. They will put you on the back burner and you can consider yourself lucky it was a month without encouragement. Sometimes you must be firm with these people.

They got enough encouragement. It's just not something that they want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimfire View Post
    It is not the doctor that is slow. You need to actively chase them up. The receptionist think they are gods, when you question them, they get all shirty and lose their temper. Write directly to your GP next time, tell them that it is an urgent matter regarding firearms. Your fitness report will be expedited if you write directly.
    Why are you getting involved at all?

You give permission for the police to speak to your GP in your renewal/application, and that is where your involvement finishes. The rest is for the police to deal with. There are no charges payable by the renewer, or they would be specified in the legislation.