Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bino guard for Leica

Bino guard for Leica

I have Leica Geovids and woukd like a neoprene bino guard like Swarkovski make. Leica dont seem to do one. Does anyone know if the Swarkovski one will fit?
    lynn

Quote Originally Posted by filledeferme View Post
    I have Leica Geovids and woukd like a neoprene bino guard like Swarkovski make. Leica dont seem to do one. Does anyone know if the Swarkovski one will fit?
    lynn
    As far as I am aware it is specific to the Swaros.. you could look at the Kuiu Bino harness.. by far the best I have had.. and I tried loads before finding this! the XL fits the Leica HD-Bs perfectly

good little review here http://www.thewilltohunt.com/2014/03...-bino-harness/

What you're looking for is: www.scopecoat.com.They make the best scope covers (really thick and effective, unlike the other stuff available), and also a very effective cover out of neoprene for binoculars. I've tried a few others, I now only have these.

Quote Originally Posted by chrislintz View Post
    What you're looking for is: www.scopecoat.com.They make the best scope covers (really thick and effective, unlike the other stuff available), and also a very effective cover out of neoprene for binoculars. I've tried a few others, I now only have these.
    How are they for quick access with only one hand?

Thanks everyone. Already have a harness so i just need a lens protectir to keep the rain off. I once saw a guy with a leather one. It was just like a flip,over piece if leather. Wihed i had asked him where he got it

lynn

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by filledeferme View Post
    Thanks everyone. Already have a harness so i just need a lens protectir to keep the rain off. I once saw a guy with a leather one. It was just like a flip,over piece if leather. Wihed i had asked him where he got it

lynn
    A flap of chamois leather was the traditional way of keeping the eyepieces clear.

Steiner make a neoprene cover for some of their binos - see the last photo in this review (http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com...HawkPro-81.htm).

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com...uard-large.jpg

I have one, but I don't know if it would fit any other binos, as it certainly doesn't fit my Swaros or Leicas!
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Thanks. As it is for Leicas I will keep looking,

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    You're welcome to try the Steiner one if you like? It doesn't fit my Trinovids.

Out of interest, what's wrong with the normal plastic rainguard?
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 21-09-2016 at 17:09.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

The larger of the Harkila version is designed for the new Geovids the older smaller version will fit the older type
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

I think you will find that swarvi ones fit the leicas so there is a simple solution.

Otherwise fit some Bushwakers or go on Ramsbottoms and order clear ones.

D