Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brexit and EU Firearm Passport

Brexit and EU Firearm Passport

I have a European FA Passport. When Brexit eventually kicks in, I'm assuming these will become invalid for UK Firearm holders? Any thoughts. Thanks

Yeah,your FAC will be all you need,how stupid is Europe?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Yeah,your FAC will be all you need,how stupid is Europe?!?!
    Really?? Is that official, where / how did you hear that?

There obviously will not be any definitive answer until we actually give notice of leaving the EU and start drafting our own laws etc so,I just assumed it would be the same as any other non EU country ie no EU Firearms passport required.They are only required/recognised in the EU anyhow,yet another rediculous EU rule!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    They are only required/recognised in the EU anyhow,yet another rediculous EU rule!!
    So, easy and free to obtain and universally recognised across the EU... what a shocking idea!

So much worse than having foreign policemen peer suspiciously at unfamiliar documents and decide to detain you just in case.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

And how many policemen know what one looks like?

EFP for us was definitely one of the better things that came out of the EU. It will be a pity to that one go as it presumably will.
    Just a shame that we didn't reciprocate by recognising it in this country for visiting shooters and insisted on a visitors permit instead.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

We simply need to ask our America, Australian, Canadian or Kiwi members what they have to do to take firearms into Europe. I don't think it will be as simple as turning up at the channel tunnel and wave your FAC and EFP. I suspect there will be a lot of paperwork and if you travelling through other countries then multiply by that number of countries.

Here are the German Requirements. You need to read this as a hunter from a Non-EU country.

http://www.oslo.diplo.de/contentblob...nloadDatei.pdf

i suspect that unless as a visitor you can be issued with EFP by one member state, it could be awful paperwork to drive from Calais through France, Belgium, Holland and then into Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Rabbit View Post
    Really?? Is that official, where / how did you hear that?

Nigel told him.

lol
    Quid enim proderit Homini si lucretur Mundum totum et detrimentum faciat Animae suae?