Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kynamco

Kynamco

Why is it they're so blinking expensive!! Been there for a zero session and they're now charging 40/hr for the range, nothing's ever updated or improved, rests/bags and such like are all damaged old, and knackered so it's not like they're plugging any of the money back into the facility, Christ there weren't even any spare targets.
    I got a price off them for some .375 brass recently and they want nearly 4 a case for them, but that's ok because " if you knew how far they had to be shipped you'd understand the costs..... " I explained that the federal factory ammo I bought probably travelled just as far and equates to 2.40 per loaded round....!

Rant over.

(Sorry)
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

They charge it because people are mug enough to pay it!

Some costs can be a bit mad - I know West London Shooting ground is about 75 for an hour on their zero range, and you can get half a day at BISLEY (including butt marker) for about 80.
    If you're shooting badly, you need a new gun. If you're shooting well then you deserve a new gun.

Braidwood is 30 an hour. RWS ammo for 7x65r is 60 a box when you find it. Rifle range at Buka in Germany was €2 for 20 min, with 12 lanes and in full use.

How much they charge for Woodleighs is terrible as well. I've seen the Woodleighs trade price list and even with import their margins are ridiculous.
    Would love to bring them in myself but not feasible in a a rented place. Maybe one day
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

Join the British Sporting Rifle Club at Bisley with 80 annual fees, and book the 100yd range for 10 per half day...

Some folks will clearly continue to extract the urine as long as their high fees are bring paid!!!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Join the British Sporting Rifle Club at Bisley with 80 annual fees, and book the 100yd range for 10 per half day...

Some folks will clearly continue to extract the urine as long as their high fees are bring paid!!!
    thats all well and good but a 2.5hr drive vs 500m within my village....
    Dont get me wrong, I don't use it often and it is useful when you do need it but they're going to price themselves out soon, but, I suspect they don't care or need customers like me or others who just want an hour here of there, I know I'm small fry to them, they get organisations booking whole weeks out and ultimately the range's primary use is for their own load development so it's just an extra sideline for them I guess.... But that doesn't excuse the 4/case for brass!!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    thats all well and good but a 2.5hr drive vs 500m within my village....
    Dont get me wrong, I don't use it often and it is useful when you do need it but they're going to price themselves out soon, but, I suspect they don't care or need customers like me or others who just want an hour here of there, I know I'm small fry to them, they get organisations booking whole weeks out and ultimately the range's primary use is for their own load development so it's just an extra sideline for them I guess.... But that doesn't excuse the 4/case for brass!!
    Ok, fair point. It was more a general "they are taking the p*ss compared to others" comment though, and might elicit some interest in BSRC. It might go the other way, and open up a heap of abuse about BSRC though, so battle bonnet is on!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means youve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Another upside of living in the sticks.

Benchrest in the garden.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

+1 for the above, my little range is only 60m but I have found out that what my rifle does at 60 it will do at 150m

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.