Moderator bush

swisher44

I have just bought a new sako 85 in .308 and a wildcat moderator. The rear bush does not fit, I have zeroed the rifle without using this, should I get this done and where is South Wales can somebody recommend.

cheers Dave

Wildcat sell differenf bushes / bridges for their mods give them a shout wildcatrifles.co.uk
Cheers
Ray

I use the same mod on a tikka t3 .204 ruger without the bush fitted, have done for the past year without any issues.

I have just bought a new sako 85 in .308 and a wildcat moderator. The rear bush does not fit, I have zeroed the rifle without using this, should I get this done and where is South Wales can somebody recommend.

cheers Dave

How doesnt it fit?
Is it just the wrong size hole?

ditch it
it will save your barrel from the dreaded ring marks

just be careful not to smack it around when fitted

I run a PES T12 on two rifles now both with the bushes removed

get it drilled out about 2 mm bigger, then have a smith machine the inner edge for a oringbto fit in it, leaves no marks upon the barrel and protects the barrel from fitting marks,

done me this to my mod here for my new rifle.

sweet as

bob.

cheers Dave

I take it that the supplying RFD just supplied the standard factory bush and didn't machine it to fit your rifle?

Just drill it out at home make the hole slightly bigger than the barrel 2 minute job. Or just use it without the bush.

Back