Best Quality Brand New 270 Win Brass

lambic

Hello Gents

Since I cannot seem to find any Lapua 270 new brass, what is the "next best" quality, new, unfired brass?

Needs to brand new shiny brass

Cheers

I think that would depend more on how you reload them rather than just the brand.

That's true. Think I will decide between the RWS and the Sako - any guidance welcone on which is the better quality ?

How does one go about purchasing RWS brass, a bit of googling has not solved the problem. Thanks

I use Norma. Easy to get hold of, and certainly not had any issues having reloaded several times. I'm just waiting for an annealing machine to be delivered, to make sure all my brass lasts a lot longer.

I bought some once fired Norma off the forum, but regret not buying new for load development. Would like some RWS if I can source some

Ruag are but they are not really interested in reloading components. That is unless you want to place a substantial order with a dealer.

Have you tried looking on http://www.e-gun.de ?

I just reuse the brass that comes with the Federal factory rounds. No issues so far, and I'm getting up to 6 uses from each one before I throw them :thumb:

Norma

mine are well past 10 firings with no annealling or issues with neck tension

don't discount once fired factory cases
its nice to have shiny stuff but its only shiny the first time!

buy once fired, pay £10 to have it annealled, get it tumbled and you are no further behind

personally i load develop on fire formed and neck sized cases but thats just me

Well, based on the comments, Norma are one of the best. Think I will just use the fire formed ones from the 50 or so rounds of 130SP I have left. And try to improve my reloading consistency by eliminating variables

I am still a newcomer to reloading, so not sure if I would do a proper job of resizing another calibre case. Not really sure how to do it properly

I'm surprised nobody mentioned PPU brass - I use it because I can get the ammo or once fired brass cheap - sometimes lucking into some freebie brass once fired that nobody wants! It works well for me.
BTW why are you loading the rounds so high in pressure?

Back