fallow buck weight

AndrewT059

whats the weight of your heaviest fallow you've had in the chiller?? Head,legs,guts removed?

Honest answers please. Otherwise it will just turn into a slanging match.;)

Thanks Andrew

84.5kgs. Shot by a mate of ours MS (MW) in Hampshire whilst I was with him in the middle of August. Fat as butter common and also in full velvet. If I had been a bit more experienced and therefore a bit quicker on the trigger it would have been me who shot it!

Thats some good weight, my heaviest was 77.6 kg / 171lb last year, that was bloody big enough, Im just interested to see what sort of weights are being taken around the uk, or abroad

thanks guys:thumb:

Last edited:
165lb was my heaviest weighed.

I had one other bigger that took two of us to lift off of the hook after it was skinned!! Sadly I couldn't get him onto the scales without him touching the floor.

198lb , sept 2014 East Sussex ..which beat my previous best by 4lb again from East Sussex ..both had poor heads but we're in superb condition ..

66.5 kg dressed.....there was a bigger one next to him but a knew I would never get it the big boy in the truck on my own.
Know I have a hoist and seen #### all since lol

I had to get the chap next door to lift it in my chillier.

Tim.243

66.5 kg dressed.....there was a bigger one next to him but a knew I would never get it the big boy in the truck on my own.
Know I have a hoist and seen #### all since lol

I had to get the chap next door to lift it in my chillier.

Tim.243

Thats sods law, maybe ditch the hoist :lol:

79kg in the larder, last week from near East Grinstead.
Took me 1/2 hour to get up into the defender...

i have never seen true European fallow heavier than 100kg live weight, I have never seen or heard of one heavier than this qualified anywhere, 100kg seems to the the maximum possible for D dama. I have & so have several others had hybrid fallow go 140 kg live weight, this is also about 10-15kg heavier than what pure Persians appear able to get too. Every year we hear stories of 100kg plus bucks from Tasmania, but when they are checked out they never are.

Back