Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 100

Thread: Which watch

  1. #1

    Which watch

    My everyday day watch is a "Casio G-Shock" I'm now on the third strap so it's time for a change.
    All I want it to do is show the time day and night so luminous is a priority. Can be hands or figures.
    What are you guys using and rate. ????????
    Cheers Steve

  2. #2
    I wear a Traser H3 P6508 Code Green - http://www.traserwatches.co.uk/index...9&type=watches - which uses tritium to illuminate the hands and dots by the numbers on the dial.

    Clear and easy to read, it replaced my G-Shock MTG-1500B which was a pain in the *rse at night, as I needed to use my Old Man Specs to read the time!

    Cracking watch for £200
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  3. #3
    Timex Expedition Scout from Argos at £40 - analogue and good illumination at night.

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/5399716.htm

    Tried more expensive watches in my lifetime and they invariably get smashed or break at work or play. Can't destroy this one in the 3 years I've had it.

  4. #4
    Timex Expadition. Simple, backlit for night time use. No need to pay more for a reliable watch unless you value the kudos of a name. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/2541426.htm

    Orion beat me to it!

  5. #5
    If you're breaking that straps on g shocks i would question why you wear one tbh as i doubt a different watch will be much better. Iv had mine for 6 years and its nit broke once

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by white van man View Post
    My everyday day watch is a "Casio G-Shock" I'm now on the third strap so it's time for a change.
    All I want it to do is show the time day and night so luminous is a priority. Can be hands or figures.
    What are you guys using and rate. ????????
    Cheers Steve
    If you want simplicity and readability, get a traser... Nothing can touch tritium illumination

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    I wear a Traser H3 P6508 Code Green - http://www.traserwatches.co.uk/index...9&type=watches - which uses tritium to illuminate the hands and dots by the numbers on the dial.

    Clear and easy to read, it replaced my G-Shock MTG-1500B which was a pain in the *rse at night, as I needed to use my Old Man Specs to read the time!

    Cracking watch for £200
    I'm still wearing my late dad's MB Microtec which is a forerunner to the Traser........ he gave me one for my 40th birthday but that stopped working 2 years ago after 20 years and was used and abused. His one is even older and that's been used and abused and the hands are still bright enough to read after dark. I did buy a Traser H3 Type3 as a replacement for mine but the old man's watch is still going strong.... ok it's had a few new straps and batteries in it's lifetime but it's still accurate week on week.

    For 'Best' I've just bought a Nite which has also got the Tritium hands but is a bit heavier than the Microtec and the Type 3 as it's got a metal case. The Microtec is go-to watch.

    cheers

    Fizz

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbangwhallop View Post
    I'm still wearing my late dad's MB Microtec which is a forerunner to the Traser........ he gave me one for my 40th birthday but that stopped working 2 years ago after 20 years and was used and abused. His one is even older and that's been used and abused and the hands are still bright enough to read after dark. I did buy a Traser H3 Type3 as a replacement for mine but the old man's watch is still going strong.... ok it's had a few new straps and batteries in it's lifetime but it's still accurate week on week.

    For 'Best' I've just bought a Nite which has also got the Tritium hands but is a bit heavier than the Microtec and the Type 3 as it's got a metal case. The Microtec is go-to watch.

    cheers

    Fizz
    Just to clarify for the OP.. MB Microtec is Traser

  9. #9
    I use my phone but i'v still got my issue CWC from the 70's and a fine chap on here got me the new updated issue type.
    My posh watch gold Rotary heavy and I hate it , 2nd best is a dive watch worn it once but never got it wet made by Blanford prob 20+ years old

  10. #10
    I've got a £50 MWC (G10, I think). It has served me well for 7 years. I've changed the battery twice and bought a few different colour 18mm NATO straps to swap when I feel like it.

    I think their prices have increased a bit so cant really be classed as cheap.

    https://mwcwatches.com/
    Last edited by takbok; 14-09-2016 at 19:23.

Similar Threads

  1. please watch this
    By big ears in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21-12-2015, 08:46
  2. Which watch
    By Bigstep in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 14:28
  3. You better watch out, you better not cry
    By neil_r in forum Jokes & Funnies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-11-2011, 21:52
  4. Need to watch this.
    By Cadex in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28-09-2011, 17:39
  5. For Sale The watch for you
    By Max in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-12-2010, 20:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •