Quick look out tonight

After surfing the SD for a few hours the avo, i was inspired to go and have a wander round with the rifle on a local permission (same as where i got the buck with a broken leg) with the chance of a fox or at least some rabbits or crows. I went and had a look for the roe does but were obviously sitting tight in the crop. As i was about to leave, i thought i would let the dog have a run down the 10m headlands. as i went round a corner (dog luckily to heel) I saw fox run into the rape. I thought i would give it a minute and then try calling it, while trying to get the pup on the lead.. After about 30 seconds of squeaking a cub popped out onto the grass, 150 yds away and then being inquisitive, bounded into about 120yds and stopped. It dropped to the 40gn .223 instantly.

The first fox i saw wasnt a cub, more likely to be the vixen so i shall be spending more hours this week trying to round up the litter and the parents.. a challenge at this time of the year with the crop being so big..

IMG_0254.jpg

Always nice to get out on a summers evening with the gun.. :)

Good stuff.

There are plenty around at the moment. You enjoy yourself sorting the rest of them out.

Dave

Good stuff. Dave think i have found yet more cubs but could have been the same. We will need to get on them but i think there are plenty about to get.

George

Last edited:
Back