Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leupold mk4 lr/t 4.5-14x50 m1 on sale on ebay???

leupold mk4 lr/t 4.5-14x50 m1 on sale on ebay???

have been on leupold official site where it warns about chinese rip offs, apparently the ring on the objective lens should be engraved black on black, this one is white on black??? I could be wrong, often am, buyers beware.

don't touch it with a shitty stick... genuine leupolds have the mag x lens size laser etched on the objective ring. Also the font is wrong and the windage turret cap should bear the L medallion in gold not white.
    Last edited by Si; 28-06-2010 at 10:25.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Thanks, had my suspicions!

I Have a MK4 lrt, i sent it to leupold for a service and it came back full checked and cleaned, no charge at all not even the postage ,GREAT SERVICE. some time later i had an email from leupold warning me of the copies easily reconised by the white lettering on the objective bell, mine has black on black. i have emailed the seller maby he will remove it.

regards geoff

current bid... 240,000.00

I bowed out gracefully at 4000
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

2 shy of 1million now

If you check the sellers history he bought it for 30... item ref 310220829978 (listed as Leupold clone)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
    Last edited by Si; 29-06-2010 at 15:43.

I have one of these - with the low tactical turrets - in 3.5-10X50mm on my .17HMR. Cost me 45 including post and packing - and came with a perfectly (for rimfire) usable set of mounts too - direct from China and in eight days.

The pa*****x adjustment works well, and the reticle illumination is effective. It even returns to zero after a walk around the block in a way that 'real' Leupolds I've used sometimes did not. The scope is very sensitive to eye position on higher magnification - but then every cheapie I have ever tried was thus.

I'm not sure I'd pay 4k though.

Attachment 1636
    KevinF -

But if he is claiming its a real one, people are bidding him up. whats the ebay fee on a million?

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    But if he is claiming its a real one, people are bidding him up. whats the ebay fee on a million?
    Undoubtedly a sentence to life-long usury.

Frankly, I find eBay/PayPal charges to be a bit rich these days.
    KevinF -

Unfeasibly large bids

Obviously some people have twigged that this is a fake scope and arguably fraudulent listing and are taking the piss out of the vendor, but how would they go about not standing by the bid should the auction end and the "million pound" bidder ends up winning the item?
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.