roaring

donsider

I would expect to read posts within the next few days from members of SD, subject to their location, the first roaring to be heard by them. It would be nice to hear from all those who are in a position to note and report their first roar that they hear. I recall reading that this is usually around the September 20th though I would gather it is very much dependant on location and weather. My earliest roar I have heard on Deeside has been more towards the end of the month. Let's see who records and posts their first roar?

Roaring in central Scotland since the 12th September. Large number of reds now establishing ground and starting to rut

skipp

I'm in Germany at the moment, the stags have been roaring for a week or so but nothing like last year as there seems to be hardly any movement. I'm wondering if the lack of stags on our permission coincides with the full moon and clear sky's (too bright for the secretive animals). They say the peak of the rut is around the 22nd here!

I was out this evening in south Norfolk one stag followed 15 hinds and calfs out across a meadow I was watching. All in silence not a single roar. Will be out again at the weekend will see if they have started by then.

Anything happening in Perthshire yet? Meant to be heading up next week to try for a stag. Never experienced the thrill of stags roaring so can't wait!

Central Perthshire today, they were starting to wake up a bit. The one I shot was in good condition with the belly just starting to darken. Lower ground ones were roaring about 10 days ago, but seem to have gone quiet with the milder spell of weather

It's being very quiet this year down here, had on and off roars for a week now but nothing more, last night watched 2 very large stags both with large groups of hinds, lots of chasing and sniffing back ends etc but still next to no roaring....

First roar 10 days ago, not heard one since.

I was round the corner from you weekend gone and heard bugger all matey. Asked a guy in petrol station if he'd heard anything and he'd not heard a thing either but said it was still a tad warm and had been double figures in temperature up until last day or so.

I was round the corner from you weekend gone and heard bugger all matey. Asked a guy in petrol station if he'd heard anything and he'd not heard a thing either but said it was still a tad warm and had been double figures in temperature up until last day or so.

It has been warm but it's starting to get cooler now. Where were you?

saw plenty of hinds and calves this evening a few stags but they were still feeding separate to the hinds no roaring

Spotted this chunk last Friday who I correctly aged as old. Im sure the Boss of Team Pussy will agree with me on that observation.:D
Anyway yes crap picture but I shall be working on getting a better one very soon of him.
He`s been roaring more like a Lion since Friday 23rd.
Found his wallow in heavy cover which consisted of willow and Alder, smashed and ragged tree`s all over the 5 acre`s of scrubland.
Noticed a smaller stag in his second year keeping his distance from this large stag. There were also a number of hinds but I could not accurately count..

Not heard any roaring yet, nothing on the hill not that unusual at this time e and nothing from the beasts in the forest,which is a little bit surprising, any day now though.

Spotted this chunk last Friday who I correctly aged as old. Im sure the Boss of Team Pussy will agree with me on that observation.:D
Anyway yes crap picture but I shall be working on getting a better one very soon of him.
He`s been roaring more like a Lion since Friday 23rd.
Found his wallow in heavy cover which consisted of willow and Alder, smashed and ragged tree`s all over the 5 acre`s of scrubland.
Noticed a smaller stag in his second year keeping his distance from this large stag. There were also a number of hinds but I could not accurately count..

Great photoes scarlet, it's little wonder they stink,that's a good marinade he has going. Thanks for posting.:thumb:

Back