Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not about Stalking. Unrepentent Bragging ensues....

Not about Stalking. Unrepentent Bragging ensues....

I'm sorry. I had to put up a pic of this.

My son and I went again to the range for our Sunday evening shoot. We both brought along our S&W .357 handguns. At one point I found a weathered playing card and stuck it into a piece of foam edgewise. My son stood back 30 ft and on a dare, off hand, did this with a single shot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Playing Card.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	1624

I'd be jealous if I wasn't so dammed proud. ~Muir

Regular Poster
    Well done to that young man!!.
    Good feeling , being the parent of a gifted child,isnt it !!.

Dry Powder.

Barry

Some talent, keep him on your side....
    edi

Does the talent come from his mother's side of the family?

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

The sad thing is the wee s***e did it twice more!

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post

John
    Yeah, he did. Those were on partial bits of playing cards, though. This was the only full card we found in the range trash bin. And no. He did not get this talent from his Mother! He earned it, I'm afraid. When he started he couldn't consistently hit a 13" circle at 10 yards but he practiced quite a bit and paid attention to his (ahem!) Teacher. We we packing up last evening and I told him he should just be dammed glad I wasn't a baseball kind of dad while he was growing up and that Santa Clause knew that a Smith and Wesson made a great stocking stuffer! ~Muir

very impressive stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Yeah, he did. Those were on partial bits of playing cards, though. This was the only full card we found in the range trash bin. And no. He did not get this talent from his Mother! He earned it, I'm afraid. When he started he couldn't consistently hit a 13" circle at 10 yards but he practiced quite a bit and paid attention to his (ahem!) Teacher. We we packing up last evening and I told him he should just be dammed glad I wasn't a baseball kind of dad while he was growing up and that Santa Clause knew that a Smith and Wesson made a great stocking stuffer! ~Muir
    Muir, That's the kind of Santa I would have loved Practise at cool things like fly-fishing (spey casting) with firearms always came so much easier to me than bookwork. I too am a fortunate parent, unfortunately my twins will not be able to practise with handguns unless they move abroad.

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post

John
    Jealousy is a bad thing John
    especially when family are concerned
    good on the wee little beggar, as it sounds like he worked hard for it
    can't ask much more than that

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Muir, That's the kind of Santa I would have loved Practise at cool things like fly-fishing (spey casting) with firearms always came so much easier to me than bookwork. I too am a fortunate parent, unfortunately my twins will not be able to practise with handguns unless they move abroad.

ft
    That's a shame. I know about the lack of handgun ownership in the UK and I feel bad sometimes posting about it because I know there are some ex-handgunners reading the posts. I was lucky in that I had a Dad that would let me alone in the woods with a Winchester .22 when I was 7 years old. I have been shooting as long as I can remember and had an Uncle on the next hill who was a gunsmith. He got me started young in the love of fixing/shooting various rifles while my Dad got me hooked on hunting. It was a great way to grow up.

This fall my son and I are planning a whitetail hunt in South Dakota, on which we will take both rifle and handgun. We are hoping to score fat, tasty does with both. He is certainly ready.~Muir