Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A fan in your hat

A fan in your hat

If you wear glasses you will know how they steam up at the worst moment I have tried all sorts of stuff on them but nothing seems to work, until now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hat1.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	1625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hat2.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	1626
    A small computer fan, the sort used to cool the processer blows a steady draught over my glasses and keeps them steam free, I use a 5V fan on a 4xAA batterypack I have extended the wires and put a battery clip on the end, just clip on the battery for simple on off control, you may well laugh but it works! keeps you cool too.

Once you have the steamy glasses sorted you can then do this with your midge net

Name:	net2.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	1627 Glue a pair of old glasses to the net and cut holes in to see through, the hat with the fan is under the net. If you have proper midges you will know that nothing is too much to keep them off.
    ps cover the net with repellant so they don't bite you through it.

sorry,

but what the,,,, dont you have a tv in your house ha ha

only kidding. i think i will get myself a set of glasses to try it.

good idea well done

f.

What the............??????? Is it April the 1st?

Go to a motorbike accessories shop or look on the net for visor anti misting solution. Spread some across your glasses and allow it to dry - sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    What the............??????? Is it April the 1st?

Go to a motorbike accessories shop or look on the net for visor anti misting solution. Spread some across your glasses and allow it to dry - sorted.
    Thats too easy i like his way more fun.

I don't know which would be worse the hum of the fan or the buzz of the mozzy

I tried the anti mist without much success, which brand do you use? as to the noise it's pretty quiet, if you think the noise will be worse than the midges you don't have proper midges you can't wipe them off fast enough with both hands where I stalk.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    ha ha ha what next an attatchment for solar panels . . i bet it was you who invented tartan paint & sparks for grinders have you tried the fan out up here in scotland?? it looks like one out of a computer looking at the way you have mounted it to your cap it will suck the midgies into your eyes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    If you wear glasses you will know how they steam up at the worst moment I have tried all sorts of stuff on them but nothing seems to work, until now.

Name:	hat1.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	1625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hat2.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	1626
    A small computer fan, the sort used to cool the processer blows a steady draught over my glasses and keeps them steam free, I use a 5V fan on a 4xAA batterypack I have extended the wires and put a battery clip on the end, just clip on the battery for simple on off control, you may well laugh but it works! keeps you cool too.

Once you have the steamy glasses sorted you can then do this with your midge net

Name:	net2.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	1627 Glue a pair of old glasses to the net and cut holes in to see through, the hat with the fan is under the net. If you have proper midges you will know that nothing is too much to keep them off.
    ps cover the net with repellant so they don't bite you through it.

The fan is inside the net so it does not suck in midges, go ahead and laugh I will be sitting nice and comforable while the midges have a good chew at you.Don't knock until you have tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by calmac View Post
    ha ha ha what next an attatchment for solar panels . . i bet it was you who invented tartan paint & sparks for grinders have you tried the fan out up here in scotland?? it looks like one out of a computer looking at the way you have mounted it to your cap it will suck the midgies into your eyes!!!
    thats a good idea solar panels. i will patent that calmac if you dont mind.
    you need to open your mind to new things you old dinosaur

lol f.

Go ahead and mount a TV screen on the bottom of the ballcap flap while you're at it.

The inside of a motorbike helmet will mist up alot quicker than any set of glasses whilst outside - did you use the right stuff? If you can't get any then just spread raw fairy liquid on the lenses. Good until it starts to rain.