Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: No dies, presses, scales or reloading manual required....

  1. #1

    No dies, presses, scales or reloading manual required....

    As I use factory rounds this leaves me more time in the field for a days shooting...

    With a decent wind I was torn between going to the marsh and a 6 mtr tide or decoying some pigeons on a stubble field.

    This field was cut a week ago and is the second block of Linseed in my area, pigeons are far easier to manipulate than ducks also the migratory birds have not turned up yet!

    Chip played his part in the day very well picking a number that I never marked from pairs shot...

    90 in total after a second walk around...





    Tim.243
    Last edited by Tim.243; 19-09-2016 at 07:35.
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

    The more times you go, there is always a chance of going home with one

    You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...




  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    As I use factory rounds this leaves me more time in the field for a days shooting...

    With a decent wind I was torn between going to the marsh and a 6 mtr tide or decoying some pigeons on a stubble field.

    This field was cut a week ago and is the second block of Linseed in my area, pigeons are far easier to manipulate than ducks also the migratory birds have not turned up yet!

    Chip played his part in the day very well picking a number that I never marked from pairs that I shot...

    90 in total after a second walk around...





    Tim.243

    Looks like you made the right choice Tim,another fantastic day at the birds. Chip looks as happy as a pig in the proverbial.

    Much more ore interesting than lying below the loading bench, he said, Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures l for one enjoy them so keep em' coming.

  3. #3
    You're in denial, Tim.

    You should get your dad to do the reloading for you if you're too busy

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    Looks like you made the right choice Tim,another fantastic day at the birds. Chip looks as happy as a pig in the proverbial.

    Much more ore interesting than lying below the loading bench, he said, Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures l for one enjoy them so keep em' coming.
    We like click Whack...not the silence of the vernier and muttering of bolicks it is seated too far lol

    Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    You're in denial, Tim.

    You should get your dad to do the reloading for you if you're too busy
    Dad is far to busy drinking tea.....


    Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

    The more times you go, there is always a chance of going home with one

    You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...




  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim.243 View Post
    We like click Whack...not the silence of the vernier and muttering of bolicks it is seated too far lol



    Dad is far to busy drinking tea.....

    Tim.243
    Our problem Tim. We use all these practical tools in the course of our work so cant be arsed at weekends when we shoooooot.
    Takbok will be the same when he sets his w.s.up..

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlandsjohn View Post
    Our problem Tim. We use all these practical tools in the course of our work so cant be arsed at weekends when we shoooooot.
    Takbok will be the same when he sets his w.s.up..
    I think it is on a par with stamp collecting lol

    No really for me I fix thing all day and it would be close to that...an example to day I run the pigeons in to the game dealer with Jack, then went to look along a track where fallow use, the contract farmer pulled in with his potato lifter and there was a sharp crack from the hitch pin!!

    Long and short of it we got it out and by luck I had a bolt the right size, so machined the pin out and plug welded the bolt in.

    Fitted a treat with an invoice to send but just nice to take a round out of the box and not have to pick up the tools.....

    Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

    The more times you go, there is always a chance of going home with one

    You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...




  8. #8
    Tim you are a practical guy who obviously takes pride in his work and pleasure in the successful outcome. Just the sort of guy who would enjoy reloading. Picture the scene. Its a cold wet winters night. You are restless. " What can I do ". Then you remember your precision reloading tools. Those components waiting to be put together. The feel of your hand crafted precision made ammunition. The thought of feeding your own ammunition into the magazine. That confidence you feel as you line up on a " longer range " muntjac. Come on Tim. You know you want to .

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    Tim you are a practical guy who obviously takes pride in his work and pleasure in the successful outcome. Just the sort of guy who would enjoy reloading. Picture the scene. Its a cold wet winters night. You are restless. " What can I do ". Then you remember your precision reloading tools. Those components waiting to be put together. The feel of your hand crafted precision made ammunition. The thought of feeding your own ammunition into the magazine. That confidence you feel as you line up on a " longer range " muntjac. Come on Tim. You know you want to .
    Cold wet winters nights are for fly-tying, or cooking up a hearty stew and relaxing in a warm bath while it gently cooks. I get someone else - (a professional, mind) to do my reloading.

    Still, I'm off to the states again next month and some basic reloading kit for a 6.5x55 (would they sell the dies out there?) has crossed my mind...

  10. #10
    Yes you can get your dies in the States. Go for it. The 6.5 is particularly easy to reload. You wont regret it. If you enjoy fly-tying you will enjoy reloading.

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Reloading Presses and Lee Safety Scales
    By Mutley in forum Reloading
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-11-2013, 13:08
  2. For Sale Reloading Dies And Scales ,RCBS,FORSTER,LEE,REDDING
    By pete in forum Reloading
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 13:01
  3. *SOLD* Rcbs reloading presses x2
    By wikedwickedmotox in forum Reloading
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-06-2013, 01:52
  4. Reloading dies - are they interchangable between presses?
    By Timney in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27-09-2012, 21:02
  5. *SOLD* Reloading Presses
    By EssBee in forum Reloading
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-04-2012, 19:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •