No dies, presses, scales or reloading manual required....

As I use factory rounds this leaves me more time in the field for a days shooting...

With a decent wind I was torn between going to the marsh and a 6 mtr tide or decoying some pigeons on a stubble field.

This field was cut a week ago and is the second block of Linseed in my area, pigeons are far easier to manipulate than ducks also the migratory birds have not turned up yet!

Chip played his part in the day very well picking a number that I never marked from pairs shot...

90 in total after a second walk around...

003_zpsywklm2c7.jpg

Tim.243

Last edited:
As I use factory rounds this leaves me more time in the field for a days shooting...

With a decent wind I was torn between going to the marsh and a 6 mtr tide or decoying some pigeons on a stubble field.

This field was cut a week ago and is the second block of Linseed in my area, pigeons are far easier to manipulate than ducks also the migratory birds have not turned up yet!

Chip played his part in the day very well picking a number that I never marked from pairs that I shot...

90 in total after a second walk around...

003_zpsywklm2c7.jpg

Tim.243

Looks like you made the right choice Tim,another fantastic day at the birds. Chip looks as happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Much more ore interesting than lying below the loading bench, he said, :D Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures l for one enjoy them so keep em' coming. :thumb:

You're in denial, Tim.

You should get your dad to do the reloading for you if you're too busy :)

Looks like you made the right choice Tim,another fantastic day at the birds. Chip looks as happy as a pig in the proverbial.

Much more ore interesting than lying below the loading bench, he said, :D Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures l for one enjoy them so keep em' coming. :thumb:

We like click Whack...not the silence of the vernier and muttering of bolicks it is seated too far lol

You're in denial, Tim.

You should get your dad to do the reloading for you if you're too busy :)

Dad is far to busy drinking tea.....

Tim.243

We like click Whack...not the silence of the vernier and muttering of bolicks it is seated too far lol

Dad is far to busy drinking tea.....

Tim.243

Our problem Tim. We use all these practical tools in the course of our work so cant be arsed at weekends when we shoooooot.
Takbok will be the same when he sets his w.s.up..:D

Our problem Tim. We use all these practical tools in the course of our work so cant be arsed at weekends when we shoooooot.
Takbok will be the same when he sets his w.s.up..:D

I think it is on a par with stamp collecting lol

No really for me I fix thing all day and it would be close to that...an example to day I run the pigeons in to the game dealer with Jack, then went to look along a track where fallow use, the contract farmer pulled in with his potato lifter and there was a sharp crack from the hitch pin!!

Long and short of it we got it out and by luck I had a bolt the right size, so machined the pin out and plug welded the bolt in.

Fitted a treat with an invoice to send but just nice to take a round out of the box and not have to pick up the tools.....

Tim.243

Tim you are a practical guy who obviously takes pride in his work and pleasure in the successful outcome. Just the sort of guy who would enjoy reloading. Picture the scene. Its a cold wet winters night. You are restless. " What can I do ". Then you remember your precision reloading tools. Those components waiting to be put together. The feel of your hand crafted precision made ammunition. The thought of feeding your own ammunition into the magazine. That confidence you feel as you line up on a " longer range " muntjac. Come on Tim. You know you want to :D.

Tim you are a practical guy who obviously takes pride in his work and pleasure in the successful outcome. Just the sort of guy who would enjoy reloading. Picture the scene. Its a cold wet winters night. You are restless. " What can I do ". Then you remember your precision reloading tools. Those components waiting to be put together. The feel of your hand crafted precision made ammunition. The thought of feeding your own ammunition into the magazine. That confidence you feel as you line up on a " longer range " muntjac. Come on Tim. You know you want to :D.

Cold wet winters nights are for fly-tying, or cooking up a hearty stew and relaxing in a warm bath while it gently cooks. I get someone else - (a professional, mind) to do my reloading.

Still, I'm off to the states again next month and some basic reloading kit for a 6.5x55 (would they sell the dies out there?) has crossed my mind...

Yes you can get your dies in the States. Go for it. The 6.5 is particularly easy to reload. You wont regret it. If you enjoy fly-tying you will enjoy reloading.

Spot on Andy, i am a precision machinist, i always enjoyed turning, milling, and grinding and no way did doing this for a job put me off handloading
Precision handloading is an art in its own right and there are plenty of us who are passionate about assembling ammunition to the best of our ability and what our equipment allows, we dont regard this as part of out shooting, its a completely separate hobby whos end result benefits our shooting hobby.

Ian.

Yes you can get your dies in the States. Go for it. The 6.5 is particularly easy to reload. You wont regret it. If you enjoy fly-tying you will enjoy reloading.

Thanks, I think I will. I've already got the recipe my rounds are made to so I just need to get some kit (any suggestions?) and find myself a basic metallic cartridge course.

Spot on Andy, i am a precision machinist, i always enjoyed turning, milling, and grinding and no way did doing this for a job put me off handloading
Precision handloading is an art in its own right and there are plenty of us who are passionate about assembling ammunition to the best of our ability and what our equipment allows, we dont regard this as part of out shooting, its a completely separate hobby whos end result benefits our shooting hobby.

Ian.

Not seen many deer or foxes as the result of your hand loading.......or is it the paper that gets a hole in it :rofl:

Tim.243

A fox or deer wont bother a jot if you hit him with a .5 moa rifle or 4" tool of trade ! me I like the .5. Tim settles for dead and done with :rofl:

Not seen many deer or foxes as the result of your hand loading.......or is it the paper that gets a hole in it :rofl:

Tim.243

Tim.243

I dont shoot deer apart from the occasional Munty Tim but plenty of foxes, rabbits, crows, magpies, pigeons, squirrels etc..... have fell to my handloads, as well as gongs and paper from 100yds to 1000yds.
I now choose not to post any pictures of quarry i have shot and keep my exploits to myself and close friends.

Ian

Thanks, I think I will. I've already got the recipe my rounds are made to so I just need to get some kit (any suggestions?) and find myself a basic metallic cartridge course.

Or get a friend to go through the process with you. Reading reloading books will also give you all the necessary information you need to successfully make hand loaded ammunition.

I dont shoot deer apart from the occasional Munty Tim but plenty of foxes, rabbits, crows, magpies, pigeons, squirrels etc..... have fell to my handloads, as well as gongs and paper from 100yds to 1000yds.
I now choose not to post any pictures of quarry i have shot and keep my exploits to myself and close friends.

Ian

Eating it is far more satisfying than taking a picture of the 'edible' quarry and sharing the picture with mostly strangers on the internet!

Ian

You never mentioned ducks........Anyway the post was about pigeons...

Out of your 2000 plus posts you have made 19 from 29 started threads have been in the sales section........:rofl:

A direct quote from your self

Afternoon All
Hello everyone,
Friends have told me about this site but have not visited very often.
I have been shooting rifles for 16 years but i am a novice when it comes to deer stalking
My shooting buddy and i have recently acquired a parcel of land that has Fallow and maybe Reds present so i am looking to gain plenty of knowledge before dealing with any.

Tim.243​

Depending on on how far you are from Bracknell, Andy Allwood does (free) reloading courses and sells any kit you may have forgotten to get in the States. Look up TFSA or Allwood stocks and mouldings I think.

pretty much all of my stuff is Lee and I reload for 5 or 6 calibre so with no accuracy issues other than those caused by me, either at the reloading bench or behind the trigger.

regards

Mark

Out of your 2000 plus posts you have made 19 from 29 started threads have been in the sales section........:rofl:

Afternoon All
Hello everyone,
I have been shooting rifles for 16 years but i am a novice when it comes to deer stalking
My shooting buddy and i have recently acquired a parcel of land that has Fallow and maybe Reds present so i am looking to gain plenty of knowledge before dealing with any.

Tim.243​

Yes, you can always tell an Essex boy,you just can't tell him too much...:D What was that old saying,never get involved in a gunfight unless both your guns are loaded,but not necessarily home loaded...

Afternoon All
Hello everyone,

Tim.243​

You have done your homework Tim, i do believe that was my introduction back in 2010, 2 renewals, gained and lost land, 6 years later my current permissions do not hold any large deer

Ian.

Back