Thread: Flying a drone,climbing a mast

Flying a drone,climbing a mast

Hows ya day job not as exhilarating as this one.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/f1BgzI...layer_embedded
    Dont dither,take the shot!

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    wow, 1 fit bloke,

20 years ago I climbed up a 600 foot tower just north of Newbury in Berkshire to install a microwave link dish. took me 2:7 hours to get the dish up there, 3,hours installing and lining it up,

took ok me just 1:45 hours to get back down and 2 days off work to recover from it,

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Bloody hell. Hats off to you. I just hate heights. At 6'0" I get dizzy when I stand up. Climbing into the loft is, for me above and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    wow, 1 fit bloke,

20 years ago I climbed up a 600 foot tower just north of Newbury in Berkshire to install a microwave link dish. took me 2:7 hours to get the dish up there, 3,hours installing and lining it up,

took ok me just 1:45 hours to get back down and 2 days off work to recover from it,

bob
    well done

I used to climb as a hobby some years ago, and would have jumped at the chance to go up there. Now I just physically couldn't do it and what's more, don't know if I'd have the bottle now. Nice job if you're that way inclined though, and probably pays well

it made me clench my bum cheeks lol , i couldnt do that for a million quid.

I remember topping out trees in a back garden. Big one was about 50 foot. I was up about six foot when I leaned down and asked the driver to pass me the saw. As he held it up he staggered. What's wrong? I don't do heights. Your on the ground. You are my backup. Yer on your own, pal. Had to bring in my other crew. My wife drove them in. She asked one of the lads, where is Jim? Up there. I had just topped out the tree and was swinging on top of the stem. She didn't hang around. Highest freehand climb I have done was 175 feet to greas the top pulley on a piling rig.

looking at that video made me feel sick. Hats off to the guy, as you will guess not a job for me. Regards SBM