sak moderator

bobby18

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to loosen a sak mod,tried to loosen it today no joy. Need to give the inside a good clean.

If its on a rimmie remove it ,,,,spray inside with whatever you use,,,stand it nose down to dry ,,,job done no need to strip it,:thumb:

thanks for advice guys just done it ,stripped it down full of gunk soaked it turps like new happy days.

Mine did this sometimes too. It was a real pain getting it stripped when it had seized. Nowadays, I tend to strip it a lot more often just to keep the cap threads free :thumb:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, tahoma, sans-serif]I bought a sak a few months back for my .17 HMR. There are exploded view in the instruction leaflet for some reason, as according to this paperwork you never have to dismantle these mods.[/FONT]

If it's on a short barrelled HMR they are probably right, it will have lost the first baffle before it's clogged up.
Mine lasted less than a 1000 rounds on my 14inch annie, at that point the first and most of the second baffle was gone
and when I unscrewed it to have a look it snapped the baffle body in two.

Neil. :)

Good soak then spanner on the flats on the top and jar opener round the body did mine a treat. If opened dry a mask is a good idea breathing in the dust is not good for you.

Back