Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bedding a stock cz 452

Bedding a stock cz 452

Hi I'm looking to bed the stock on my cz452. I was quoted 200. Then I was told to do it at home it's easy.
    Anyone got an idiots guide on how to do this?
    Regards Dan

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    Hi I'm looking to bed the stock on my cz452. I was quoted 200. Then I was told to do it at home it's easy.
    Regards Dan

dan

sorry if this appears to be rude..... but why?

it won't make that much difference in a rimmy anyway unless you have a dog of a rifle, an old shooting buddy did his 452/17 hmr and it did nothing but keep his rifle out of service for about 2 days, honestly I'd did NOT. make it shoot better,

we tuned the trigger and cleared any touching areas in the barrel channel on mine and it just felt that much better to shoot so I was happy with mine at a cost of just 10 for the dremil bits,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post

it won't make that much difference in a rimmy anyway unless you have a dog of a rifle, an old shooting buddy did his 452/17 hmr and it did nothing but keep his rifle out of service for about 2 days, honestly I'd did NOT. make it shoot better,

bob.

If you make a decent job of bedding and fitting pillars it will shoot more consistently, fact!
    Consistency is all we are after at the end of the day.
    Mine is done, has been for 5 or 6 years now, never loses zero, not even after removal from stock for cleaning
    and drying.
    As for trigger jobs, yup done that, messed about with shims etc then fitted the rifle basics trigger, finally did
    what I should have done from the start, fitted a Timney trigger, that too has been in for 5 or 6 years, and never needed touching.

Neil.

i wouldnt bother to tell the truth on a rimmy and the cz452 is a nice rifle ,, i have an old brno mod 2 made about 1982 , put it in a boydz thumbhole, fully floated, chopped the barrel and it can hit crows at 150 m with subs,,, cracking little rifle and great fun,,,
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

The action moves in the stock that's why. Can't get boyds because of the import price

Quote Originally Posted by danban View Post
    Regards Dan

Bedding a 452 is no easy job i have done a couple for friends they are far more involved then the usual Rem/Tikka/Sako

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Bedding a 452 is no easy job i have done a couple for friends they are far more involved then the usual Rem/Tikka/Sako
    Really ?
    As they are often the first rifle bedding job the average diy'er does you really don't see many threads on forums asking for help to get a glued in action out.
    Nor do you many say I bedded it and now it shoots worse, and yes I do realise many would not admit to a screw up, but equally many will while asking for more help.

The 452 was certainly the first rifle I attempted, and although it was a long while ago I don't remember any real problems doing it.
    It still shoots very well, certainly far better than it did out the box, that alone is a good enough reason to have a go at doing it.

Neil.

My cz452 never had any problems,, or all the other ones I have seen, can you explain whats happening

QUOTE=danban;1163558]The action moves in the stock that's why. Can't get boyds because of the import price

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Really ?
    As they are often the first rifle bedding job the average diy'er does you really don't see many threads on forums asking for help to get a glued in action out.
    Nor do you many say I bedded it and now it shoots worse, and yes I do realise many would not admit to a screw up, but equally many will while asking for more help.

The 452 was certainly the first rifle I attempted, and although it was a long while ago I don't remember any real problems doing it.
    It still shoots very well, certainly far better than it did out the box, that alone is a good enough reason to have a go at doing it.

Neil.
    Hi Neil does your CZ452 have the rear action screw locatated into a sliding bush slotted into a dovetail on the bottom of the tang?

Ian.