Bedding a stock cz 452

danban

Hi I'm looking to bed the stock on my cz452. I was quoted £200. Then I was told to do it at home it's easy.
Anyone got an idiots guide on how to do this?
Regards Dan

Hi I'm looking to bed the stock on my cz452. I was quoted £200. Then I was told to do it at home it's easy.
Regards Dan

dan

sorry if this appears to be rude..... but why?

it won't make that much difference in a rimmy anyway unless you have a dog of a rifle, an old shooting buddy did his 452/17 hmr and it did nothing but keep his rifle out of service for about 2 days, honestly I'd did NOT. make it shoot better,

we tuned the trigger and cleared any touching areas in the barrel channel on mine and it just felt that much better to shoot so I was happy with mine at a cost of just £10 for the dremil bits,

bob.

it won't make that much difference in a rimmy anyway unless you have a dog of a rifle, an old shooting buddy did his 452/17 hmr and it did nothing but keep his rifle out of service for about 2 days, honestly I'd did NOT. make it shoot better,

bob.

If you make a decent job of bedding and fitting pillars it will shoot more consistently, fact!
Consistency is all we are after at the end of the day.
Mine is done, has been for 5 or 6 years now, never loses zero, not even after removal from stock for cleaning
and drying.
As for trigger jobs, yup done that, messed about with shims etc then fitted the rifle basics trigger, finally did
what I should have done from the start, fitted a Timney trigger, that too has been in for 5 or 6 years, and never needed touching.

Neil. :)

i wouldnt bother to tell the truth on a rimmy and the cz452 is a nice rifle ,, i have an old brno mod 2 made about 1982 , put it in a boydz thumbhole, fully floated, chopped the barrel and it can hit crows at 150 m with subs,,, cracking little rifle and great fun,,,

Regards Dan

Bedding a 452 is no easy job i have done a couple for friends they are far more involved then the usual Rem/Tikka/Sako

Bedding a 452 is no easy job i have done a couple for friends they are far more involved then the usual Rem/Tikka/Sako

Really ?
As they are often the first rifle bedding job the average diy'er does you really don't see many threads on forums asking for help to get a glued in action out.
Nor do you many say I bedded it and now it shoots worse, and yes I do realise many would not admit to a screw up, but equally many will while asking for more help.

The 452 was certainly the first rifle I attempted, and although it was a long while ago I don't remember any real problems doing it.
It still shoots very well, certainly far better than it did out the box, that alone is a good enough reason to have a go at doing it.

My cz452 never had any problems,, or all the other ones I have seen, can you explain whats happening

QUOTE=danban;1163558]The action moves in the stock that's why. Can't get boyds because of the import price[/QUOTE]

Really ?
As they are often the first rifle bedding job the average diy'er does you really don't see many threads on forums asking for help to get a glued in action out.
Nor do you many say I bedded it and now it shoots worse, and yes I do realise many would not admit to a screw up, but equally many will while asking for more help.

The 452 was certainly the first rifle I attempted, and although it was a long while ago I don't remember any real problems doing it.
It still shoots very well, certainly far better than it did out the box, that alone is a good enough reason to have a go at doing it.

Hi Neil does your CZ452 have the rear action screw locatated into a sliding bush slotted into a dovetail on the bottom of the tang?

Ian.

Hi Neil does your CZ452 have the rear action screw locatated into a sliding bush slotted into a dovetail on the bottom of the tang?

Ian.

Yes it does.
Mine is locked in place with a little loctite and an M6 grub screw.
(go very easy on the screw or the bolt raceway will be damaged)

Yes it does.
Mine is locked in place with a little loctite and an M6 grub screw.
(go very easy on the screw or the bolt raceway will be damaged)

Thanks mate, maybe i should have made myself a little clearer "Pillar" bedding the 452 is not easy, that rear boss has to be clearanced in the rear pillar so none of it touches yet the tang sits on top of the pillar.

Ian.

Thanks mate, maybe i should have made myself a little clearer "Pillar" bedding the 452 is not easy, that rear boss has to be clearanced in the rear pillar so none of it touches yet the tang sits on top of the pillar.

Ian.

Sliding bush locked to action and then bedded along with action onto pillars back and front.
I have done several 452's like this with no problems.

Sliding bush locked to action and then bedded along with action onto pillars back and front.
I have done several 452's like this with no problems.

how do you lock the sliding bush thing?araldite? I've seen it welded..

how do you lock the sliding bush thing?araldite? I've seen it welded..
Short M6 grub screw, don not over tighten, is how I have done it in the past.
I now have a tig welder so would use that, but epoxy would work as well.

Ian.

Or just bed the boss as well.

That's what I'd do - araldite or weld the boss in place and then bed it both ends into aluminium pillars. Not done mine as it holds zero perect and is very accurate BUT, not if I take it out of the stock so I will do it at some point.. my deer rifles get pillar bedding as i think it's essential to be able to strip and clean after a wet outing and not worry about mucking about having to go and check zero..

Easy and no doubt will prevent it shifting in the stock. Ive done a heap. I use a 3m product and silicon spray for the release agent.

An easier option for the 452 is just bed the barrel in front of the action for an inch, to ensure its central in the barrel channel. I used quicksteel to do mine and got very good results

Back