Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Ultrasonic cleaner

Which Ultrasonic cleaner

Any recommendations on a cleaner?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cupar View Post
    Any recommendations on a cleaner?

cheers
    What do you want to use it for? Just brass cases or anything else, bulkier?

I bought a 10 litre GT Sonic Chinese one from eBay around a year ago and it works...have no yardstick to know if it works any better or worse than any other.

It is reassuringly made from Stainless steel and will take a Briggs and Stratton carburettor. When using it for cartridge cases I put them in a honey jar with a teaspoonful of citric acid and splash of detergent cleaner so that is the only liquid that gets dirty...the bulk of the water stays clean.

Alan

Thanks Alan, yes just for cases!

cheers

Try these people. http://www.allendale-ultrasonics.co....c-cleaner.html

As I am within driving distance I went to their premises and bought directly from them. Friendly helpful staff and they have repair and test equipment on site to repair any faults that may occur.

my unit has been working fine for the last 18 months. I got the model with the heater in and it seems to help with cleaning.

hi
    I picked up a 60 quid cheapie on Ebay, only a 2l tank, but fits 60 .308 at a time and cleans really well inside and out.
    I've stuck sea-clean as the cleaning fluid and run for 20mins at about 45degs, standing the brass upright so each case fills to the mouth and all air removed. a bit anal, but I run through before and after resizing to help clean out primer pocket (will pick up a depriming die and cut this to one bath only)
    m

Run this one for the past year. More than adequate.
    See reviews and manufacturers uk site:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/James-Produ...&keywords=8050

http://www.jamesproducts.co.uk/jpe-product.aspx?pg=2

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
    Try these people. http://www.allendale-ultrasonics.co....c-cleaner.html

As I am within driving distance I went to their premises and bought directly from them. Friendly helpful staff and they have repair and test equipment on site to repair any faults that may occur.

my unit has been working fine for the last 18 months. I got the model with the heater in and it seems to help with cleaning.
    gotbthe same from eBay @ 55 3 ltr and it's the must nuts 200 6br cases done in 30 minutes

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Alantoo View Post
    When using it for cartridge cases I put them in a honey jar with a teaspoonful of citric acid and splash of detergent cleaner so that is the only liquid that gets dirty...the bulk of the water stays clean.
    Alan
    Good tip

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    gotbthe same from eBay @ 55 3 ltr and it's the must nuts 200 6br cases done in 30 minutes

bob.
    I don't suppose you've a link to you purchase from eBay? Cheers

I have the Hornady ultrasonic cleaner and I find it's seriously good. I'm sure you could find a less-expensive one though. I bought mine used from a chap here and I'm very pleased with it. Very robust, fully-stainless and has an on-board timer and heater. Great bit of kit, but expensive to buy new
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care