Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peltor ear defenders problem?

Peltor ear defenders problem?

My Peltor Sport Tac ear defenders have just stopped working, I've changed the batteries but this hasn't sorted them? Has anyone had the same problems? Is there an easy fix? Can you send them to be fixed? Thanks.

never known anyone to have trouble. Perhaps contact 3m direct? 0870 60 800 60 (United Kingdom)
    stupid question but the batteries are in the right way round, right?

Thanks, aye, tried them always!!! I'll give them a bell tomorrow.

Iv'e had trouble with 2 sets - both draining batteries.

First set went wrong at about 3 months old and after being used in heavy rain - had them in a warm cupboard for 4 weeks but no improvement. 3m replaced no questions asked.

Replacement set did the same so I just take a battery out after ever use

Mine have been spot on, used in all weathers.

I love mine but they've started hissing at me, as though the connections have got wet. I've tried drying them out, changing the batteries again but no luck!
    No problems with them just stopping working though, that sounds a bit fishy.

My first pair were brilliant, lasted years, second pair were nothing but trouble, eventually managed to get them replaced, next pair never worked properly either. Gave up on them as I was losing the will to live with the supplier. Now they are just a very expensive pair of spare passive ear defenders. Bought the MSN Sordins, very happy now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttoshoot View Post
    I love mine but they've started hissing at me, as though the connections have got wet. I've tried drying them out, changing the batteries again but no luck!
    No problems with them just stopping working though, that sounds a bit fishy.
    They're about 5 years old, worked perfectly untill this morning, loading for the boss, put them on at the first drive, nothing, thought the batteries were flat, changed them for a new set when I got home tonight, nothing!!! A bit gutted as I really like them and don't fancy shelling out for a new pair.

Got the Pelton ear defenders back from 3M today, replaced the chip board, new foam inserts, new green outer plastic covers and new padded........... What ever the soft padded bits that go round your ears are called!!! 60 quid, great service.

My wife had issues with her Peltors and eventually gave up and replaced them with a pair from EJ Churchill that, so far, have been reliable:

http://shop.ejchurchill.com/shooting...defenders.html