Thread: Weight of round

Weight of round

Hi, Can any one tell me the weight of a Round ie 6.5x55 Sweed and .243 this is a ready to go Rd that was loaded by the firer, reason been i have a scale for weighing but as we do not reload over here i was looking for a bench mark weight as i have found a big difference in factory rounds and was thinking of picking the best of the factory rds for using on game/varmints.

If your talking overall weight of a ready to fire round then there is not enough information as there are so many variables
    One brass case will differ from another make in the same calibre
    Weight of bullet, well give us a clue
    Make and amount of powder used would also differ
    You could probably put together 100's of combinations for each calibre you mention and all be different overall weights?
    ILB

Quote Originally Posted by Long drag View Post
    Hi, Can any one tell me the weight of a Round ie 6.5x55 Sweed and .243 this is a ready to go Rd that was loaded by the firer, reason been i have a scale for weighing but as we do not reload over here i was looking for a bench mark weight as i have found a big difference in factory rounds and was thinking of picking the best of the factory rds for using on game/varmints.
    Respectfully, isn't accuracy from your chosen round more the point?

So if I understand you correctly, you are looking for a 'right' weight and plan to take your scales in to your RFD, get him to put all the flavours of 6.5x55 and .243 on the table while you get the scales out, weigh examples of each and pick the one closest to the 'right' number?

Are these the first calibers you'd done this with or are these just the ones you haven't got to yet?

Must be a quiet place Meath!

As per other responses, the brass/ bullet/ charge weight and powder type are all variables. You'll fine absolutely nothing of value by getting the comparative weights of the loaded rounds.

On the positive side, after doing this wee exercise you'll always be greeted with a smile by the RFD
    Last edited by JockStalk; 22-09-2016 at 05:06.
    I never make the same mistake twice.

I make it five or six times.

Just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Long drag View Post
    Apologies for my ignorance Long Shot but I can't figure out just what exactly you are trying to weigh and for what purpose.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

not sure what it is your looking for but 100gr for 243 and 139gr privvis -120gr/140gr prohunters for 6x5x55 ,,,as was said earlier the full loaded rounds could be anything,ie different componants /different bullets /different powder/different brass etc,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 22-09-2016 at 12:12.
    DONT START