Left hand - Sako 75 action I (222/223)

Siggy

Hi,

More out of curiosity than anything else, but I noted that the Sako 75 short action (I) comes in left hand - has anyone actually seen or got one of these or are they just a myth?

Kind regards

Siggy.

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 13.11.10.png
It is a myth.

The Sako 75 only ever appeared in long action IV (.30-06 length) so your info is wrong.

My info may be wrong, but it came from the Sako website ;)

hey ho, the joys of being left handed. At least the action IV includes the 6.5x55 so at least the got my favourite

image.tiff

View attachment 74547

My info may be wrong, but it came from the Sako website ;)

hey ho, the joys of being left handed. At least the action IV includes the 6.5x55 so at least the got my favourite

image.tiff

I can't read the blurred image, but the Model 75 has been out of production for years. LH - action I aren't listed in any of the Model 75 Catalogues I've collected.

I suspect the reason these weren't offered is because of the LH Tikka M595 Sako were also making at that time at half the price of a Sako.... same trigger, same barrel, and every bit as good. :lol:

I can't read the blurred image, but the Model 75 has been out of production for years. LH - action I aren't listed in any of the Model 75 Catalogues I've collected.

I suspect the reason these weren't offered is because of the LH Tikka M595 Sako were also making at that time at half the price of a Sako.... same trigger, same barrel, and every bit as good. :lol:

Hi,
thanks for this - would I be right in assuming the M595 is a medium length action as it also covers the 243/308 calibres?
Kind regards
Mark

Hi,
thanks for this - would I be right in assuming the M595 is a medium length action as it also covers the 243/308 calibres?
Kind regards
Mark

Correct. If you were after one in long action it would be an M695 you'd be after.

I have a sako M591 in left hand ....22-250 calibre ....again older sako but well worth buying one if rebarreling. I love the action .

Paul

Give me a chance to dig mine out of the cabinet and I'll post a pic of my left hander in .222

Novice

Give me a chance to dig mine out of the cabinet and I'll post a pic of my left hander in .222

Novice

Now that is just being unkind. I have a very nice left handed SR20 in 243, but a properly sized left hand .222 will be very nice. I suspect they very nice a portable, or did they stick a thick heavy weight barrel on them? Just the rifle pottering about after a Roebuck or a fox.

I'm out and about at the min but will sort a photo later. She was a bit of a "barn find" sitting lost and unloved on the rack with rabbitbosher of pigeon watch fame. I've had the stock cleaned up and intend to have the blueing redone. She's an ongoing project as on having some problems with feeding from the mag (heym were fantastic with this and able to provide brand new magazine springs and followers). Also intending to bite the bullet and put a quick release recknagel mount on my Zeiss diarange scope. Intention is to use it as a bit of a Sunday rifle on a local permission, lamping and maybe some other miscellaneous vermin. I've already shot her with federal ammo and she shoots very well. Now got some hornady v max to try.

Novice

Just posted a single pic of Lefthand actions in Heym SR40 and CZ527 in the Gallery section for the curious among God's chosen few.

Both are original & bought new.;)

Just posted a single pic of Lefthand actions in Heym SR40 and CZ527 in the Gallery section for the curious among God's chosen few.

Both are original & bought new.;)

Nice looking rifles - I hals have a CZ527 in 22LR - cracking little gun but the muzzle could be shorter.

You'll be surprised at what pops up especially on the american market they seem to come up wit all sorts of limited edition or rare Sako's, i had an RFD who was adamant that Sako never produced a 75 action1 varmint in .17 Remington... when he'd finished on 'this area of expertise' I told him I had one in front of me :D

Back