Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F. Beesley .243

F. Beesley .243

http://www.frederickbeesley.co.uk/sh...roller=product

Anyone know anything about these? Are they just an expensive Ruger 77 with a nice new stock on them?

Looks like that is exactly what it is.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

£2,000?

Mental....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

They are clearly trying to trade in on the Frederick Beesley name and shop that they bought in Chalfont St Giles a couple of years ago, only to move it all back to London in the last few months.

Sounds like a lot of money for what is essentially just a new stock and a £100 secondhand Leupold scope on a £500 rifle
    Sako 75 Syn/St 6.5x55mm - Swarovski Z6i 3-18x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

SD Regular
    ANd FWIW the stock isn't what I'd call classic English stalking rifle style either with that great horse's hoof pistol grip.

It does look a little unfortunate but it's a British rifle at an affordable
    price point.

Given that a Sako can cost almost 2k these days and in fact this price point is just the entry point to the Blaser range.

I think they should be applauded for their effort and then tactfully gifted Copies of coffee table books of the rifles of
    Rigby, Gibbs and Hollands.

The equivalent Sako 85 Hunter blued is less than £1400, which leaves change for a really good secondhand optics. I know where my £1995 would be spent, but that's my £1995, and someone else might be buying this as we speak, and be very happy with their decision
    Sako 75 Syn/St 6.5x55mm - Swarovski Z6i 3-18x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    ANd FWIW the stock isn't what I'd call classic English stalking rifle style either with that great horse's hoof pistol grip.
    Agreed, the cheekpiece doesn't do it for me either.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

In fairness, if you're trying to run a gunshop in Central London you've got to charge a lot. A sandwich and a beer is not cheap there either.

same sort of thing that Holland and ho!land did with my sako L61r many years ago restocked reblued re sighted and regulated not particularly worth a lot more but nice provenononce .and at the time made a nice rifle just a little nicer .