New Toy finally complete

twg1

Well after lots of indecision on my part my first new rifle for many years is complete in its final form now the scope is here ! 6.5 X 47 with an 18'' barrel and S&B 3- 27 X 56 on top, well pleased with it, next step get out and see how it shoots ! Big thanks to Paddy for helping put it together.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 352
I like it a lot. Have you used a proof research barrel?

I would appreciate it if you could let me know what velocity you are achieving with the 18" barrel.

I like it a lot. Have you used a proof research barrel?

I would appreciate it if you could let me know what velocity you are achieving with the 18" barrel.

Its not a proof one I spoke to them but they won't make to your spec, or would not do so at the time and these were slightly cheaper and available to my spec.

I will let you now , just need the time to get out with it !

Very nice,
What weight is the rifle with/without scope?
Stock weight?
I am only asking because I built a similar set-up (light weight tactical) and am also weighing components. Might also try making myself a carbon barrel.

edi

Very nice,
What weight is the rifle with/without scope?
Stock weight?
I am only asking because I built a similar set-up (light weight tactical) and am also weighing components. Might also try making myself a carbon barrel.

edi

I will do some weighing, I did weigh it with the other scope and without the brake on it but cant remember what the hell it came in at.

I think most of the weight will be the scope / bi pod .

I have been looking for a lighter stock option but its a struggle to find some thing thats available and ticks the box's . I have looked at Mcmillan but then it's the messing about bedding and bottom metal to add weight wise. The manners makes it an easy build with the bedding block set up.

Keith

Hi.
What make is the Barrel and are they available? I like the carbon barrels. A friend has a Christenson in 7-08 and is very accurate. Interesting looking rings too.
Yorkie.

Hi.
What make is the Barrel and are they available? I like the carbon barrels. A friend has a Christenson in 7-08 and is very accurate. Interesting looking rings too.
Yorkie.

Pretty much what I was going to ask.

Very nice rifle with tip top components.
Did you source the Manners over here or bring it over yourself?

I picked this stock up over here , my last one I found stateside, they are becoming harder to get hold of again I have heard.

Keith

Nice set up, you have there. Must have been excruciatingly painful on your wallet !!. A joy to own for sure .
"For me".
Hopefully one day. But I doubt It, enjoy your new rifle ,It looks the business.

Nice set up, you have there. Must have been excruciatingly painful on your wallet !!. A joy to own for sure .
"For me".
Hopefully one day. But I doubt It, enjoy your new rifle ,It looks the business.

Thank you, I am pleased with it, I have a slight advantage sourcing the components, even then its taken me quite a while to get this together and was pricy build.

So unbelievably not my kind of rifle it's ridiculous but an impressive build nonetheless. Very serious looking bit of kit, can't wait to see some groups :)

A few asked for some more info about weights : -

Ready to shoot but no ammo, that's with bipod, sling and a PES m/can mod and scope - 13 lb 6onz not light but not over the top.

Stock as It came with bedding block and bottom metal - 3lb 8onz

B/ action with brake fitted trigger and action screws - 4lb 4 onz

Scope and rings - 2lb 15onz

Keith

I have two similar rifles that are only a tiny bit lighter but with steel barrels. 12.5lbs with mod, bipod and sling. It is no problem to hunt with that as long as one goes alone and can set the pace. (at least for me as I am not the fittest). The advantage of such a rig is that one take a very precise shot or a shot at a longer range compared to a normal hunting rig. Yesterday I had the cuts of one stag in my rucksack and offhand shot another at roughly 100m while walking back to the car with one my tactical rigs. There is no problem offhand shooting a tactical rifle.
edi

Back