Asking for two 22lr on FAC - how to complete form?

SteveFisher

Hi, a daft question probably, but if I want a 22lr semi for tactical target, and a 22lr bolt for long range target, how do I differentiate them on the form? Do I ask for "type" bolt and "type" semi? Or should I enter under type bolt rifle, semi rifle - anyone know for certain? I'm hearing different views.

Two separate lines if they are two separate types. So:

1 x .22RF Bolt Action Rifle
1 x .22RF Semi-Automatic Rifle.

Then where you say what the "good reason" is you'd put "the two .22 RF rifles for target shooting" and leave it at that and let your FEO probe further if he or she sees fit.

Then where you say what the "good reason" is you'd put "the two .22 RF rifles for target shooting" and leave it at that and let your FEO probe further if he or she sees fit.

Also add 1x .22LR moderator under each rifle as you need to have them listed on the FAC if you want one/two

They are both for target shooting, I would not specify what type of action on the form, rather just ask for 2 x .22RF with 2 separate moderators if you need them. Then when they ask, tell them the different scenarios. You are needlessly placing further restrictions upon yourself if you specify the mechanism on the different rifles. Your good reasons are your good reasons, it doesn't matter what mechanism the rifles are. They are both for target in different disciplines.

Some forces ie TVP, say that you have to specify the calibre. I wanted to a new slot with ".30 cal" at renewal, and hadn't made up my mind between .308 and 30-06, but was told that I had to specify one, so went with .308.

As for action, they won't care less as long as it's legal!

Some forces ie TVP, say that you have to specify the calibre. I wanted to a new slot with ".30 cal" at renewal, and hadn't made up my mind between .308 and 30-06, but was told that I had to specify one, so went with .308.

As for action, they won't care less as long as it's legal!

They made you choose to prohibit you getting a .300RUM

This is exactly what I put in for and have on my FAC! (Both complete with sound moderators)

long barrel
short barrel

HV
Subs

Night vision
Day Scope

Semi
Bolt

target
hunting

numerous reasons you want two
never come across anyone saying I can't have two of something unless you explained the reasoning

Back