Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Thames Valley Firearms application time

  1. #1

    Thames Valley Firearms application time

    my mate sent off for his application end of May. He hasn't heard anything so he called them today politly asking when he could expect visit etc. He was told he would be lucky to get anything before Christmas. Any one else experiencing such delays. My nephew put in for his about 2 months ago and has got his visit next week here in Sussex.
    Tusker

  2. #2
    So, not much has changed since the PCC was voted back in

    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ghlight=update
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  3. #3
    thames valley are one of the worst in the country for processing grants and renewals for example my shotgun renewal was due in june I put in for renewal beginning of january we are now at the end of september and I still havnt got my renewal only a temperary certificate a mate of mine waited 10 months for a grant of a fac I could go on as I know a lot off people in the same boat the reelected PCC says he is trying to improve the service but I think they are so far behind its going to take a long time before anyone sees any improvement
    Last edited by mathieson; 23-09-2016 at 17:23.

  4. #4
    I should count myself lucky then - my coterminus renewal went to TVP in March, certs ran out first week of August and I got my new certs last week.

    Pretty much bang on 6 months...

  5. #5
    Recent meeting with a TVP FEO stated 12 months for a new application.

  6. #6
    It's all a bit of a lottery really - don't really understand why there are such large differences between their 'fast' ones and their 'slow' ones. I think it really depends on who's desk your application lands on. My FAC grant was 6 'months start to finish. I was very lucky in having a visit in 2 months from applying. I also pestered them constantly. Good luck!!

  7. #7
    In fairness to TVP they had a big water damage incident. I understand it damaged putes and paper. They are also not hiring FEO when they retire etc...so the workload is mounting.
    That said.....they need to adress this and how they are doing that isnt clear and as far as I am aware...no statement to address and clarify...has been made.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by deerly departed View Post
    In fairness to TVP they had a big water damage incident. I understand it damaged putes and paper. They are also not hiring FEO when they retire etc...so the workload is mounting.
    That said.....they need to adress this and how they are doing that isnt clear and as far as I am aware...no statement to address and clarify...has been made.
    the water damage was getting on for 18 months ago now wasn't it?! They keep using the same excuses. In most other lines of work if staff kept on using the same excuses the bosses would clobber them and ask why! What annoyed me most about the whole process was they could never give a reasonable estimate of a length of time before it would arrive on my doorstep. It was 4 months between visit and delivery (actually I picked it up so they couldn't blame the post)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwanttoshoot View Post
    the water damage was getting on for 18 months ago now wasn't it?! They keep using the same excuses. In most other lines of work if staff kept on using the same excuses the bosses would clobber them and ask why! What annoyed me most about the whole process was they could never give a reasonable estimate of a length of time before it would arrive on my doorstep. It was 4 months between visit and delivery (actually I picked it up so they couldn't blame the post)
    As I said earlier.....they have made no statement as to what they are doing to catch up. They are not replacing retirees as far as I know and I dont believe that they are on a recruitment drive either....so the current staff have to cope or get swamped. It seems to be the latter but the staff are not responsible for manpower...that cones from higher up the chain so they get behind and we get peed off.....the wet incident certainly didnt help and its just snowballed. It does require someone to say ..Houston...we have a problem and then for someone to make some decisions how to deal with it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by deerly departed View Post
    As I said earlier.....they have made no statement as to what they are doing to catch up. They are not replacing retirees as far as I know and I dont believe that they are on a recruitment drive either....so the current staff have to cope or get swamped. It seems to be the latter but the staff are not responsible for manpower...that cones from higher up the chain so they get behind and we get peed off.....the wet incident certainly didnt help and its just snowballed. It does require someone to say ..Houston...we have a problem and then for someone to make some decisions how to deal with it.
    I have to say I felt a bit sorry for the staff in the office I'd speak to on the phone, they seemed to be doing their best. As you say it's the organisation of the manpower/department that's the issue. I was told they had boxes of applications in a cupboard waiting to go through - sounds nice and orderly

Similar Threads

  1. Firearms Awareness Course Thames Valley?
    By oxfordshirestalker in forum Training and Qualifications
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 15-03-2016, 01:10
  2. Thames Valley Firearms - Licensing Delays??
    By NellyT in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-05-2015, 10:00
  3. thames valley variations
    By mathieson in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 08:21
  4. Thames Valley FD
    By Mutley in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-05-2013, 15:47
  5. Thames Valley Firearms Dept
    By TH4 in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-03-2013, 10:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •