Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hilux 2016 2.4L

New Hilux 2016 2.4L

Looking at trading in my 3.0L 14 plate hilux for the new model, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the new 2.4L engine and how they found it?

Would appreciate any feedback before I take the plunge.

Cheers

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

Quote Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
    Looking at trading in my 3.0L 14 plate hilux for the new model, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the new 2.4L engine and how they found it?

Cheers

Bryan
    I have no experience of the new 2.4 but I do have an older 3.0 and what you are suggesting sounds like a bad idea to me. I think there is supposed to be a 2.8 coming out aswell.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by highland stalker View Post
    I have no experience of the new 2.4 but I do have an older 3.0 and what you are suggesting sounds like a bad idea to me. I think there is supposed to be a 2.8 coming out aswell.
    HS
    Can I ask why you think it's a bad idea?

Cheers

Bryan

Alba gu brąth

All the dealers tell me the 2.8 wont be coming to the uk

Reading into it the emissions are too high for the uk with the 2.8L, whether that is something that they will rectify or not in the near future is anyone's guess.

Alba gu brąth

Reading into it the emissions are too high for the uk with the 2.8L, whether that is something that they will rectify or not in the near future is anyone's guess.
    Toyota has also stoped importing /making Rav4 Awd diesels for the Uk they are now only in petrol or Hybrid petrol.but they do go like poo of a stick.
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"

The only pickup manufacturer that has the right idea is volkswagen . They are bringing out a new 3ltr V6 version , 0-60mph of 7.9 seconds and able to tow 3.5t . It's the same engine that's in the audi, porsch cayenne, vw tourag. I am an isuzu fan but even they have lost the plot and dropping engine size to 1.9ltr !!!!! Crazy if you ask me when it's meant to have a train weight of 6000kg+
    EU emissions regulations are mental.

Cheers

Bryan
    i looked into these last year and came to the conclusion that aside from me not liking the look of them one bit, the new and tiny engines they have used are a big no no.
    If you can't keep your 14 plate because it's done crazy miles then I'd look around for a new old model and get a bargain. Failing this then I'd get the Izuzu

Kindest Regards, Olaf

Quote Originally Posted by weejohn View Post
    The only pickup manufacturer that has the right idea is volkswagen . They are bringing out a new 3ltr V6 version , 0-60mph of 7.9 seconds and able to tow 3.5t . It's the same engine that's in the audi, porsch cayenne, vw tourag. I am an isuzu fan but even they have lost the plot and dropping engine size to 1.9ltr !!!!! Crazy if you ask me when it's meant to have a train weight of 6000kg+
    EU emissions regulations are mental.
    surely with brexit we could just tell the eu to poke there regs where the sun don't shine? and we could start building the defender again? not that I would buy one of the hateful instruments of torture being a perfectly normal 6'4'' and 18 stone !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !