Remington trigger recall.

finnbear270

Just had an e mail regards replacement of above, anyone else had one, I can't send out the completed claim form, maybe cos I had to fill in a state from the choices box, so I have sent a personal e mail to Remington asking if they include us overseas owners in the claim.

Just had an e mail regards replacement of above, anyone else had one, I can't send out the completed claim form, maybe cos I had to fill in a state from the choices box, so I have sent a personal e mail to Remington asking if they include us overseas owners in the claim.

Can you please post the email here? Is this for rifles or does it include shotguns too? have a Versa max.

Had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago, you need to email Riflecraft directly, they sorted it all out FOC, approx 3weeks turn around

Here is the email for those who have not seen it.

REMINDER TO REMINGTON RIFLE OWNERS

A Settlement Has Been Proposed in an Economic Loss Lawsuit that Alleges Safety Defects

You may be eligible to have your firearm retrofitted or receive other benefits

Recently, a federal judge ordered the parties in an economic-loss class action to remind owners of certain Remington firearms that a settlement has been reached. The settlement involves two classes. The first class includes owners of firearms that utilize a trigger connector. The second class includes owners of firearms that utilize the X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism that is the subject of a voluntary safety recall. The settlement allows owners of Remington models 700, Seven, and related models to have their trigger replaced free of charge, among other benefits.

The settlement was entered following allegations that Remington firearms can fire without a trigger pull. Remington denies those allegations with respect to the trigger connector but is offering trigger replacements to ensure continued satisfaction for its valuable customers. With respect to X-Mark Pro trigger mechanisms, Remington has implemented a voluntary safety recall. If you own a firearm that is subject to the safety recall, stop using your firearm immediately. Safety has always been a priority for Remington.

Even if you do nothing you will be bound by the Court’s decisions. If you want to keep your right to sue the Defendants yourself, you must exclude yourself from the Settlement Class by November 18, 2016. If you stay in the Settlement Class, you may object to the Settlement by November 18, 2016.

Call 1-800-876-5940 now to learn the models involved, make your claim or find out more. Or visit www.remingtonfirearmsclassactionsettlement.com.

Had mine replaced a couple of weeks ago, you need to email Riflecraft directly, they sorted it all out FOC, approx 3weeks turn around

I have had a Rifle Basix replacement fitted, I should ask for the compo re cost of replacement, & return the suspect unit to the nominated repairers.

I replaced both of my Rem 700 triggers with the Huber Roller Triggers immediately I got them as I had a accidental discharge with a previous Rem 700 in .270.
I was unloading the rifle and as I lifted the bolt handle, the rifle fired, fortunately I had always had the rule of keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction instilled in me from a child and the round went into the earth bank.

I was made aware of this problem about 18months ago, I contacted the Gunshop I purchased the rifle from, they then put me in contact with riflecraft who are carrying out the trigger replacement on behave of Remington. The rifle was RFD'd to my local Gunshop and sent to riflecraft I think it took around 3 weeks to have the rifle returned.

I was made aware of this problem about 18months ago, I contacted the Gunshop I purchased the rifle from, they then put me in contact with riflecraft who are carrying out the trigger replacement on behave of Remington. The rifle was RFD'd to my local Gunshop and sent to riflecraft I think it took around 3 weeks to have the rifle returned.

Sod being without foxing rig for three weeks!, plus having to de rig the Pulsar etc, guess I'll just suck it up.

My trigger assy is in the desk drawer as I fitted a Timney,could I just send off the trigger somewhere and have it replaced?

My trigger assy is in the desk drawer as I fitted a Timney,could I just send off the trigger somewhere and have it replaced?

I would very much doubt that Remington or their agents Riflecraft would be prepared to simply send you a replacement trigger assembly as the potential liability would simply be to great for them to take. They have to ensure that the replacement unit is correctly fitted. I did however read on this site of Riflecraft sending several triggers to a gunsmith of known repute so that he could install them on the rifles of a particular group or estate who could not manage without the use of their rifles for more than a day or so.
Why not contact Riflecraft and enquire perhaps they will do something similar for you provided you supplied a written undertaking that the replacement trigger would be installed by a suitably qualified gunsmith with the necessary accreditation.

That was the basis of my question to Riflecraft, "They don't just send out, they have to go through the mill", the asking of recompense by way of sending them the trigger was not answered.

I would very much doubt that Remington or their agents Riflecraft would be prepared to simply send you a replacement trigger assembly as the potential liability would simply be to great for them to take. They have to ensure that the replacement unit is correctly fitted. I did however read on this site of Riflecraft sending several triggers to a gunsmith of known repute so that he could install them on the rifles of a particular group or estate who could not manage without the use of their rifles for more than a day or so.
Why not contact Riflecraft and enquire perhaps they will do something similar for you provided you supplied a written undertaking that the replacement trigger would be installed by a suitably qualified gunsmith with the necessary accreditation.

That was the basis of my question to Riflecraft, "They don't just send out, they have to go through the mill", the asking of recompense by way of sending them the trigger was not answered.

Thanks chaps.

Martin

Ditto the above, it was all done foc.

Back