Chris packham BBC debacle

sauer

Ok probably another thread bout this but depressed enough about this serious danger to British wildlife, enough without searching forums for more threads.

No action over Chris Packham, BBC Trust rules
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37455340

Hardly a surprise but I was wee bit hopeful that the BBC would rein him in a bit but no

They ( BBC) have shown time & time again whose side they are on and I'm not keen on giving them a penny more .

So ......
My question ......is there anyway / loophole around NOT paying bloody TV licence to this bunch of cretins?, without getting into bother .

Surely they are a monopoly ?

I dunnoe all I do know is I'm mot,wanting to give them another £ of my cash knowing how despite their retoric being spewed about being non biased , that they are truly anti hunting & fieldsports

Paul

Just don't pay it, but also don't watch any live tv.
I don't find not watching live tv a problem, mainly because everything is a repeat anyway.

Neil. :)

You will find that he has a contract for thousands that they would have to pay off. Find where he is filming and start packman sans inc.

noel edmonds doesn,t have and never had a tv license because he says he doesn,t watch terestrial telly,and hes been employed for centuries by them,and even said he wanted to buy part of it,,,,no bloody wonder ,,nepotism at its greatest,

just don't pay it. After all it took them 40 years to discover a paedophile ring under their noses so I don't think someone living in the deepest darkest has any problems
Tusker

You dont need a .licence if you dont watch live terrestrial teli. Millions cant be wrong. I have formally complained about Packham twice and just received leftist waffle.
The BBC is no longer worth of its illustrious name.

If your tv works then you need a license whether you watch it or not.
There are no ways around it.

If it doesn't have an aerial connected to receive broadcast and is only used for watching DVD/BluRay/VHS or as a screen for your computer then you do not need a TV License. Owning a television does not mean you must pay the TV license. You are not obliged to let a TV license person into your home either, you can politely or impolitely tell them to bugger off, they do not have authority to enter your home. You can write to the BBC and tell them that you withdraw access to your property to their personnel or personnel acting on their behalf, unless the person is a police officer.

Well I've never paid a TV licence fee, and neither have my parents...
The reason? Never had a telly! Don't think I'm missing much.

[h=2]
Do you need a TV Licence?
[/h]You need to be covered by a TV Licence to

• watch or record live TV programmes on any channel (including BBC)
  • download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.
This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

The above is from the TV licencing website. They can apply for warrants to enter your house although they generally do that after they have hounded you by letter and telephone (if they've got your number) and sent someone around. The general thing at court if you are guilty is a fine. But if you continually don't pay and need to have one, a spell in prison might be the outcome. I see on their website that if you don't need one, they ask that you tell them.

I am no great fan of Mr. Packham and really no great fan of the BBC either. But some of the stuff they produce is very good and I wouldn't want to throw out the baby with the bath water to be honest. Not getting a licence not only stops you watching the Beeb, but every other channel too. Packham is the problem, not the people he does some work for.

No but the people he works for ... The beeb .... Need to practice what they preach .... Impartiality, they obviously aren't

Paul

Last edited:

Do you need a TV Licence?

You need to be covered by a TV Licence to

• watch or record live TV programmes on any channel (including BBC)
  • download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand.
This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

The above is from the TV licencing website. They can apply for warrants to enter your house although they generally do that after they have hounded you by letter and telephone (if they've got your number) and sent someone around. The general thing at court if you are guilty is a fine. But if you continually don't pay and need to have one, a spell in prison might be the outcome. I see on their website that if you don't need one, they ask that you tell them.

I am no great fan of Mr. Packham and really no great fan of the BBC either. But some of the stuff they produce is very good and I wouldn't want to throw out the baby with the bath water to be honest. Not getting a licence not only stops you watching the Beeb, but every other channel too. Packham is the problem, not the people he does some work for.

When they come knocking on your door, you can tell them. If they phone you, you can tell them. Word is, they persist hounding because you do not have a license. Like the complaints department, they don't listen to what you tell them. The company responsible for collecting license money from households that do not pay are a profit making organisation and therefore will continually hound households that do not have a license.

When they come knocking on your door, you can tell them. If they phone you, you can tell them. Word is, they persist hounding because you do not have a license. Like the complaints department, they don't listen to what you tell them. The company responsible for collecting license money from households that do not pay are a profit making organisation and therefore will continually hound households that do not have a license.

You can get your name removed from the hounding list if you have no telly and no intention of getting one. They just write to us every five years or so now, asking if our circumstances have changed.

The general thing at court if you are guilty is a fine

And a criminal record, believe it or not?

I was fined back in 2002 for not paying the license fee. When I submitted my FAC application I didn't put this in the 'convicted of any offences' section as I had given it no further thought after paying the fine.

I'm now a convicted criminal, would you believe. Because I didn't pay a frigging TV license fee!!!

I wonder just how many people get a away with not having a tv licence.
It used to be that everyone thought the detector van would catch them, but so
many people these days either live in a block of flats with a communal ariel, or in a home
with a hidden ariel that just isn't going to work. All made more difficult by some flats with
hidden or communal ariels having a group licence, often held under the name of the
management company at a different address.

Neil. :)

If your tv works then you need a license whether you watch it or not.
There are no ways around it.

Balls, just do not watch broadcast tv (including bbc iplayer since sep1st) no need to pay licence. Nothing to do with having a capable receiver.

I used to live in the eirse end of nowhere and for some reason the idiots at the BBC thought there were two houses there instead of one, one with the word "farm" in its name and one without. We got a letter probably once a month about it. They get increasingly threatening then after a couple of years go back to how they started.

Nobody from the Beeb's jackboots division ever visited. I didn't bother correcting them because I thought every penny they spend posting crap to me is a penny they can't spend making anti-shooting propaganda and I was quite hoping for a visit, to be honest, so I could tell them to f-off in person.

Back