Suppressors on hunting rifles finally permitted in Iceland

Konnari

After many years of battle on all fronts from the Icelandic Hunting association the government finally legalized suppressors this Friday ! Now we can go to our local stores and buy a suppressor. After a quick glance I saw two types I like, The A-Tec and Hausken I think they are both made in Norway. Any other brand recommendations ?

Last edited:
After many years of battle on all fronts from the Icelandic Hunting association the government finally legalized suppressors this Friday ! Now we can go to our local stores and buy a suppressor. After a quick glance I saw two types I like, The A-Tec and Hauskens I think they are both made in Norway. Any other brand recommendations ?

Schultz and Larsen are very good!

I have Hauskens several Roedale. Roedale ultralight is very light but I have not tried newer heavier Roedales. The JD224 Hauskens are much quieter than the Roedales I have (older ultralight).
I saw how Schultz and Larsen put their Mods together and I was very impressed. That will be my next one.
edi

I have an ASE Utra Northstar on my .270. Superb mod', and fully-stainless but it's quite weighty at nearly 700g. it's superb at both noise-reduction and taming muzzle-flip though

Ase utra are solid and well built, mine is 7 ish years old and still going strong.

Agree. Just bought another for the 6.5x47 and also going on a .308. This is my second SL5i and it is a bit lighter than the original SL5. Still solid and made from stainless steel.

ASE SL5. I have 2,both on smaller calibres,but I'm sure they're just as effective on larger rifles. Before that,I had ASE Utra Northstars. Can't go wrong with either.

I recently acquired this Hausken MD 45. Its very well made the sound reduction is great and most of all it reduces muzzle flip.
Its the shortest lightest mod I could find.

Regards,
Glendine.

Sika Hausken.jpg

I use two Aetec Maxim's, one on a .223 and the other on a .270 and I like them !
I added two additional baffles to the .270 can three years ago to good effect !

Back