Cheap Chinese scope levels

Woodlander

Has anyone any experience with these? I'll be(hopefully)shooting out to 450yds and for under a fiver one of these may be useful. What is the general opinion on scope levels for mid range shooting and are the cheap levels any good? Thanks.

I use an eBay cheap one I tested it against a good level and it's Bob on perfect calibration

so I don't see any reason why yours wouldn't be Bob on but just check it against a good level for peace of mind

Has anyone any experience with these? I'll be(hopefully)shooting out to 450yds and for under a fiver one of these may be useful. What is the general opinion on scope levels for mid range shooting and are the cheap levels any good? Thanks.

Not sure you need to worry that close in but as long as it is actually level then no worries

As long as it is reproducable it does not matter, point is you need to hold rifle in same place each time. Sportsmatch make them as do B Square I have them fitted to my .22 LR and Daystate, very usefull. Also if you are shooting up and down/across slopes then a cosine indicator is very usefull.

More kit to add to your .204.

D

D

I bought one. I set the scope reticle to a true plumb line then supporting the rifle centred the bubble. I gave up after the umpteenth time of tightening the bolts the bubble had moved way off centre no matter how I went about tightening.

Ian

Yes,I remember sky hooks.....
Thanks for the replies,I mistakenly ordered a 25mm one instead of 30 :( but at 3.99, won't break the bank. Anyone looking for one?

I think I need an imperial replacement bubble for my level, as opposed to the metric - or my skirting board ladder doesn't sit true - or I'd have had it.

being old-school (served my apprenticeship in the sixties) I always keep a bobbin of Whitworth thread handy for quick repairs.

I have had no problems with my £10 level on my scope. I would suggest buying one which is in a ring which can be put on scope and has no moving parts. I bought a sportsmatch swing out level that replaces a scope cap screw and it won't read true.

Back