Thread: Mods

Mods

Hi All,

Need your help - what is the lighest and smallest in diameter OVER BARREL mod available? I know there are a few makes out there but not sure of all their dimensions and fitting.

I have a T4 on my 223 at the moment, fine, but fancied a stainless steel narrower one which did not extend barrel length by much more than 3-4 inches.

Thanks for your help.

I know it's not an over barrel mod, but have you considered an ASE Ultra S5? I have got one one my Howa 1500 .270 and I love it. For it's size, it does a brilliant job and only extends the length by 115mm (about 4") and it doesn't unbalance the rifle either. I have got a PES T12 on my Ruger .243 and that is Heavy in comparison with most mods (still does a great job though) Both are stainless, so not much to do in the way of maintenance
    ATB Neil

PES T12 scout is the lightest small diameter one I could find, at 38mm od.
    I tried the scout and full length one, and settled on the full length one, yes it is heavier, but balance felt better to me.

Neil.

I have an ASE Utra NS3-30 which is a reflex Mod. It is quite heavy but does a very good job at balancing out my .243 Browning. A pretty good review of it is here http://gunmart.net/accessories_revie...tar_moderator/

Quote Originally Posted by Neil13 View Post
    I know it's not an over barrel mod, but have you considered an ASE Ultra S5? I have got one one my Howa 1500 .270 and I love it. For it's size, it does a brilliant job and only extends the length by 115mm (about 4") and it doesn't unbalance the rifle either. I have got a PES T12 on my Ruger .243 and that is Heavy in comparison with most mods (still does a great job though) Both are stainless, so not much to do in the way of maintenance
    ATB Neil
    +1 on the ASE Ultra S5. Got one on my .243, great job.