Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not long before we take back control from the folks that did all this...

SD Regular

Not long before we take back control from the folks that did all this...

Posted by a French 'friend' on an American Forum. He does have a point...

the french would say that wouldnt they!!

Quote Originally Posted by shakey jake View Post
    the french would say that wouldnt they!!
    Quite!

But it was under the EU that youth unemployment skyrocketed, that we lost control of the borders on the continent, that far right political parties gained more ground than they ever have since WWII...

And it is the EU's fault that we voted to leave. If it was the land of milk and honey no one would want to leave, but Spain, the Netherlands, Romania, France.. are all making noise about leaving now.

I'm sure there are a load of others as well.

The thing is that the decision has been made now and the people have spoken, now we just need to make it work. Which it will I'm sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're shooting badly, you need a new gun. If you're shooting well then you deserve a new gun.

We've had the referendum. Get over it. Nobody said the EU did all those things. Oh, and here's me thinking it was the EU that made laws and regulations without representation. We might get it wrong now and again, but if we do, it'll be our mistake and up to us to put right. Viva la Grande Bretagne!!

the French are not going to deal with us now we have left the EU but got a strop on when they thought we were pulling the plug on Hinckley point oh dear

anyone that thinks all that will go away (or would never have happened) in a UK outside the EU is delusional
    Last edited by slider; 27-09-2016 at 19:15.

If only we could pull the plug and fill that bloody tunnel with water. It's been nothing but trouble since it opened God moved us away from France & Europe for a reason, obviously he could see the future.
    ILB

I've said it before and I'll say it again
    If the EU is such a wonderful thing why is it that only poor countries are wanting to join ???
    I'm more than willing to stand corrected if someone can tell me some rich and powerful nation that is banging on the door to join
    As said above the people voted get over it and stop talking this GREAT BRITAIN down as negative comments and images with do nothing but bring misery and conflict
    Next time you're walking down the street and see a homeless person go buy them a sandwich and a coffee, change of fate and it could be you one day !!!

BUY BRITISH !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveBambi View Post
    If only we could pull the plug and fill that bloody tunnel with water. It's been nothing but trouble since it opened
    Now there's a wish I've had since before the damn thing was finished!
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    We've had the referendum. Get over it. Nobody said the EU did all those things. Oh, and here's me thinking it was the EU that made laws and regulations without representation. We might get it wrong now and again, but if we do, it'll be our mistake and up to us to put right. Viva la Grande Bretagne!!

Right now we are in the top 3 for influencing EU law. If we leave we wont be represented.

EU law has one single purpose. To enforce the objectives of the EU treaty agreement

The EU laws are focused mainly in the areas of the environment, food safety and human rights (including employment rights)

For a law to be introduced it first has to be introduced by the EU Commison, usuely in responce to a proposal from one of the 27 member states.

The proposal then goes before the commission for debate. The UK had strong representation on the EU Commission but post Brexit of course we will have none, but will still need to abide by any new rules to continue to trade with the EU

In my opinion it has often worked to our benifit by acting as a whipping post where governments have had to introduce unpopular but necessary environmental decisions but could blame it on the EU

The mear fact that EU law has to be rattified by representatives from 27 member states makes it incredeble that we ever get any passed, but the main thing is, the laws can and do circumnavigate the individual interests / greed of each member state and focus on improving our sustainabuility, safety and human rights.

Without centralised decisions of this type we will be left with laws on safety, employment, the environment, human rights made by our own government

This of course means which ever big financial interest is controlling government decision making this week in order to improve their profit margins

This also means unilateral decision makeing on issues like the environment. Whilst the government is mad keen on environmental tax manipulation (blaming the environmental issues for tax increases) it is less keen on anything that costs it tax dolla or increases overheads for its many big buisness suporters.

The EU was supposed to be beyond such influance and whilst its obviously not, it is at least much further beyond it than the governments of quite a few member states.

But hey, what did the Romans ever do for us right?