Which budget 8 X 42 Binocular

Ferryman

Long story cut short, Friday I was out early and decided to stop off and get the Subaru washed on the way home at one of these hand car washes.
Yesterday again out early and hmmmm no bino's on back seat with jacket etc.
Full search of vehicle and no bino's so I need to replace a set of 8 X 42 Leupold Wind River glasses.

My question is what in the £400 range are folks using

Long story cut short, Friday I was out early and decided to stop off and get the Subaru washed on the way home at one of these hand car washes.
Yesterday again out early and hmmmm no bino's on back seat with jacket etc.
Full search of vehicle and no bino's so I need to replace a set of 8 X 42 Leupold Wind River glasses.

My question is what in the £400 range are folks using

If this thread is about buying binos there was a thread running not long ago with all the info you need.
Or is it about a car wash in Hampshire we should all avoid??:-|

Hi John
Was looking to see what bino's folk are using in 8 x 42 around the £400 mark but I certainly will not have anything on the back seat next time I use one of those hand car washes.

I will scroll back and look for previous thread

Hi John
Was looking to see what bino's folk are using in 8 x 42 around the £400 mark but I certainly will not have anything on the back seat next time I use one of those hand car washes.

I will scroll back and look for previous thread

:thumb: Hope you find what your looking for, bummer about you binos, good luck...l have low priced Opticon Countryman. They do me fine for the amount of abuse they take, bombproof and waterproof. Oh dear I've started it.:D

Last edited:
A friend of mine just bought a pair of Steiner bino's, £200 down from £300, i was impressed with the quality of the build & glass.

A friend of mine just bought a pair of Steiner bino's, £200 down from £300, i was impressed with the quality of the build & glass.

I've just bought a pair of Minox BF 10x42 for keeping in the car. Very impressed with the glass. Not too expensive - about £160

I'd hope/expect that the 8x42 would be similarly impressive.

I recently spent quite a bit of time comparing reviews/prices and the Vanguard Endeavor ED 11 came out tops. Widely available online around £325. This is now my main stalking tool and I am very pleased with it. Even Swarovski warshippers seem to be able to admit that the quality of the glass is 'very close to' their own bino's. I just paid a thousand or so pounds less than they did. ;)

Have a look at the Bushnells as well

Good glass but my Elites fell apart in under a year :(

I went for Vortex HD and i have been very impressed so much so I baught one of their scopes as well which I also like a lot. Which when you considder my other three scopes are Swaro Z6 and Zeiss is saying something.

ATB

For not much more (£500 ish if you look around) then you could get a pair of Swarovski SLC's and they are excellent. That's what I did after buying various cheapo bins.

Around the £300 Opticron (my spare pair) take some beating and I had to use their customer service/repair (my fault) and couldn't fault them at all. Prompt repair in a timely fashion as good as new within a week.

With hindsight if I'd gone the first option first then I would have saved money however now I have the two pairs, I use them for slightly different uses so completely happy.

The SLC's have more penetrating clarity somehow like when you are trying to look through distant bushes to see whats on the other side. They also gather more light but in reality this only gives you a matter of 10 minutes or so extra and if shooting then is your scope up to the same standard?

Check out the new Minox BL HD range.

RRPs are around the £450-480 mark, but you might get a deal on the outgoing version as retailers look to clear out stock

Thanks guys, I should have said I also have Swaro 7X42 SLC but the Leupold were in the car all the time bino's
I got Uttings to quote for the Leupold Mojave in Realtree camo but cannot justify the extra £100 and 12 week wait just for the camo finish.
vortex seem to get very good reviews

I have the Delta optics forest 2 and they work just fine for-i am only back in from using them and they are nice and clear.8x42 waterproof and fogproof-cost me 112 euro.

Well I have manged to find a pair of Minox 8X44 BL-HD for £380 so will probably give those a try

I don't think you will be disappointed I wish I still had mine the colour and clarity is to my eyes great everything seems to pop, when my zeiss pack in I will be going back to minox

In that price range, Minox 8x44 or Vanguard Endeavor are real quality and value.

But if you already have some other full size binoculars, you might consider a more compact pair to keep in your car and jacket. They would cost a lot less, too. I am tickled with my Vortex 8x32, and find myself carrying them more.

Back