New HS Pup

jamross65

After losing my last Hanoverian Whisky, in September 2015 to illness just before she was 5 years old, I'd been looking for another to take over where she left off. I collected 'Isidor', aged 15 weeks last Thursday in BelgiumIsidor .jpg. Like Whisky, he also came from Hungary. Rudi once again helped out by keeping him for me until he was old enough to travel. He's coming along well and up to 300m tracks with a 90deg turn in them. Deer Stalking since losing Whisky has been like going out minus a rifle! Hopefully by next summer he'll be helping out on some tracks....

Isidor3.jpg

Last edited:
After losing my last Hanoverian Whisky, in September 2015 to illness just before she was 5 years old, I'd been looking for another to take over where she left off. I collected 'Isidor', aged 15 weeks last Thursday in BelgiumView attachment 74760. Like Whisky, he also came from Hungary. Rudi once again helped out by keeping him for me until he was old enough to travel. He's coming along well and up to 300m tracks with a 90deg turn in them. Deer Stalking since losing Whisky has been like going out minus a rifle! Hopefully by next summer he'll be helping out on some tracks....

View attachment 74759[/QUOTE

Nice looking pup, not as nice as a GWP!

After losing my last Hanoverian Whisky, in September 2015 to illness just before she was 5 years old, I'd been looking for another to take over where she left off. I collected 'Isidor', aged 15 weeks last Thursday in BelgiumView attachment 74760. Like Whisky, he also came from Hungary. Rudi once again helped out by keeping him for me until he was old enough to travel. He's coming along well and up to 300m tracks with a 90deg turn in them. Deer Stalking since losing Whisky has been like going out minus a rifle! Hopefully by next summer he'll be helping out on some tracks....

View attachment 74759[/QUOTE

Nice looking pup, not as nice as a GWP!

LOL, I saw a stunning GWP when over picking him up. So soft as well, yet has passed all his working tests already in Germany, aged 15 months! He will be used for game, deer and boar.....GWP4.jpgGWP1.jpgWire.jpg

Cracking pup Bri, hope Rudi is well, not seen him since Kelso 2 or 3 years back please pass on my regards, a very knowledgeable guy with a nice manner and pleasure to talk to.
Ps..... that wire is an absolute belter though I think I'd of snook him in the boot lol

Awesome looking pup. His ears are massive! Good luck with him, I'm sure he'll be a winner.

Looks to be a cracker Brian
bet you can't wait to start work with him
looking forward to seeing his progress.

Tony

Stunning looking dog, best of luck with her.

Can an I ask, what is the difference between the Hanoverian and the Bavarian hounds?

Stunning looking dog, best of luck with her.

Can an I ask, what is the difference between the Hanoverian and the Bavarian hounds?

They work similarly but as a generalisation the BMH is smaller and lighter and was bred for working on more mountainous terrain whereas the HS is a larger, heavier breed and used more for game in forestry, often on boar and large deer.

They work similarly but as a generalisation the BMH is smaller and lighter and was bred for working on more mountainous terrain whereas the HS is a larger, heavier breed and used more for game in forestry, often on boar and large deer.

Thanks, much appreciated!

Back