Worst thing your dog's ever done?

My sisters dog's party trick was locating and consuming used/discarded condoms It did this on at least four ocassions that she was aware of and ended up having them surgically removed (at great expense) twice
Can't possibly imagine what the attraction might have been

In the days before I was running Dogtra I took a Malinois bitch back in from the police. I lived on a farm at the time and the farmer had just put 100 sheep on some beet tops at the back of the house. The field was surrounded with an electric fence. I walked her and all my other dogs past these sheep for days, she was being walked separate as she could be a bit volatile with other dogs.

One day her body language suddenly changed, it seems as if she had suddenly recognised the sheep. At that she burst through the electric fence and began to floor the sheep one after the other, she was grabbing them by the neck and pulling them to the ground, I was chasing after her throwing lumps of beet and screaming my lungs out. I could see the farmer on his tractor about 500 yards away and I thought there is nothing for it, I gave up and began to walk back to the house to get my shotgun. I was going to have to shoot her on the next pass. As I walked up the field towards the house she must have realised her number was up as she ran up and joined me walking perfectly to heel. Needless to say we had a bit of a chat!

To say she was flooring one sheep after another she was dragging them down, letting them go and moving on to the next so no obvious damage or deaths. But we came close to a death in one direction or another.

Ian

Last deer I shot. She spotted it and pointed it. I shot it. It ran. She found it. I gralloched it and gave her a small piece of the lungs as a treat. I turned my back to put the buck into an Ikea bag to carry out. She took umbridge at just a small piece so whilst my back was turned, ate the heart and lungs and was starting on the rest. Walked up the track, left the buck, went back got car. Drove back to pick, took carcass box out of boot leaving her in front foot well. Loaded buck into boot.

She had vomited all that she had eaten across the seat and floor.

Car has been cleaned well and will be fully shampooed inside this weekend. I was using the car for some reason rather than my Kangoo which has rubber matting all the way through. That will learn me.

My Teckel, Spot, has never put a paw wrong, he's without doubt the best dog in the world !
However, the poor dog was witness to the following incident;

Friends of ours had a Westie bitch called Penny that was best friends with Spot, we had her for a sleep over whilst they were away. She was collected first thing in the morning and we went out for an hour or two.
On our return, one armchair had exploded showering debris across the living room floor, Penny's collar was central to the debris field. Poor Spot had been through a near death experience and was taking cover behind the settee, lucky not to have been caught by this terrorist action.
No political organisation has ever attempted to claim responsibility, police have never brought charges.
Lucky dog really........

Roger.
And Spot, best Teckel in the World !

Back