Trigger on a Zkk 600 Brno

tom

Evening , can you replace the set trigger on a Brno Zkk 600 ? What are people's opinions on these rifles and triggers ?
many thanks
tom

Congratulations!

I just bought a CZ ZKK 600 in 7x57 and shot it for the first time this morning, while it was dead calm and before it got hot outside. I only fired 5 rounds at 50 yards, and three of the five were touching, the other two just about 1/8 inch apart from touching the other 3.

The ZKK 600, being a Mauser design, can be fitted with a lot of other triggers. CZ Brno made a single set trigger and a double set trigger for this rifle ( and the 601 and 602, all the same triggers ), as well as a standard trigger.

This one of mine is a standard single stage trigger. My older 602 had a two stage trigger. My still older 7x64 has double set triggers.

Your best bet is to contact CZ and buy a trigger from them. It will just be a drop in, and much simpler than fitting a third party double trigger, which costs about $700 USD, and usually is a job for a skilled gunsmith.

Dressel's video
http://dressels.com/mauser-trigger/

Last edited:
Hi Tom the ZKK series originally came with a small cloth bag containing the firing pin tool and a normal trigger and a few extra pins and springs. Last year I managed to source some parts for my own zkk600. And managed to get a bag with an original trigger and tool for mine as well.
Problem with these rifles is that the bag of goodies gets lost over the years, or the rifle gets sold without said bag of parts (especially if sold by deceased owners relatives). You might get lucky and manage to find an original trigger though. I am unsure that the CZ550 trigger is the same as the ZKK600 trigger, you could send CZ an email and ask.
That said, if you do decide to trade triggers, be very careful storing the spare parts from the swap because the normal trigger doesnt use all the springs and pins that the set trigger uses.
I could try sourcing one from where i got mine though i cant promise the person in question can get one and it might take some time, mine took a couple of months before he found it.
Another option is to get one milled. should be dead easy for someone to follow some plans and a scan of the trigger. Id be willing to draw up a drawing set as I had already thought of doing it for some of impossible to replace parts.

I have a zkk600 in .270 with the set trigger, i much pref the set trigger,,when i bought the rifle it did come with the norm trigger with the bag and all the other parts but i gifted to the chap who done a lovely job refurbishing it, the trigger could be made by any engineer or gunsmith if he had one to copy.

I would also like to say well done on buying a bloody cracking rifle,,fully floated my one and took out the stock screw,,very accurate for a 40 year old rifle sub moa at 100M
check my pics

Thanks for the info guys , I haven't bought the rifle yet but want to ! But I am concerned about this set trigger in the environment I will using it . Scotland in the cold and multiple shots etc , how does it work if you are taking multiple shots . Do you you have set it everytime ?
Advice needed ??
Thanks
tom

I had a 602 with the set trigger . I also had the same problem as you , I bought it used and it didn't come with the standard trigger . You don't have to set the trigger , unset ,it has a bit of take up before firing , but it's usable . When hunting in heavy timber , close range , or on cold days , and it get's cold here , I used the unset trigger .You have to push the trigger forward to set it . After I became used to both set and unset weights , I used it with no issues . They really are great old rifles , I regret selling mine , but it was to a good friend who had to have it . He still taunts me with it to this day , maybe he's not such a good friend after all lol .
You can find a standard trigger , they come up for sale every now and then . I had the opportunity to buy one for mine , but by that point , I'd become accustomed to the set trigger and didn't bother . If it were me , I wouldn't let the lack of a standard trigger stop me from buying it ......... but I'm a rifle slut of the worst order . Let us know how it works out .

AB

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys , I haven't bought the rifle yet but want to ! But I am concerned about this set trigger in the environment I will using it . Scotland in the cold and multiple shots etc , how does it work if you are taking multiple shots . Do you you have set it everytime ?
Advice needed ??
Thanks
tom

Tom, As AB says, use it as normal or set it when YOU decide.
I have the standard trigger on my ZKK 602 which is set to break crisply as I prefer it that way.
With the set trigger you have the choice, which is a plus on bitter cold days...These triggers do inter change, so don't let it put you off, standard triggers come on the market from time to time, great rifles..:thumb:.

Last edited:
You might want to have a look at a Timney or other market trigger. Probably worth dropping them an email. J Roberts & sons used to build a lot of fine rifles on BRNO actions - again may be worth a call.

Forget the set trigger and screw the adjuster in, there is a little bit of creep without the set trigger but still a nice rifle to shoot and tight grouping with the right ammo.

I also have the little bag with the single trigger and tools in somewhere in my tool box.

no you dont have to set it every time, it works as a normal trigger when its not set.

Back