Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinclair lug recess tool

Sinclair lug recess tool

In the current Shooting Times Q&A section Bruce Potts mentions a Sinclair tool for cleaning crud out of bolt lug recesses. Suddenly I want one...
    Does anyone know of a UK supplier, or a similar alternative. Alternative alternative is how do other people treat this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by terrier View Post
    In the current Shooting Times Q&A section Bruce Potts mentions a Sinclair tool for cleaning crud out of bolt lug recesses. Suddenly I want one...
    Does anyone know of a UK supplier, or a similar alternative. Alternative alternative is how do other people treat this problem?
    I ordered mine direct from Sinclairs - http://www.sinclairintl.com/gun-clea...prod35492.aspx Regards JCS

Try spud1967 on here ,he advertises Sinclair gear

I love a clean lug...recess

Quote Originally Posted by takbok View Post
    I love a clean lug...recess
    Clean my lugholes with cotton buds, ... attached to Mrs Finnbear!��
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I've got one if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    I've got one if you want it.
    You have a Mrs Finnbear?, does Mr Finnbear know about this?
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

I bought one from fleabay a couple of years ago that uses dental rolls... just had a look but can't find any the moment.

Basically just a rod with an 'ole through the end... My one is a non-commercial shed job in steel with a knurled ally handle, 26cm long, 6mm shaft, 10mm head with an 8mm hole across to take the 8mm rolls.

I'm thinking the commercial offering I've seen is plastic off the top of my head.... but its by one of the usual makers... Sinclair, Pro-Shot, Stoney Creek etc etc.

The dental rolls are cheap n cheerful bought in bulk packs from medical suppliers... got enough to last a lifetime.

cheers

Fizz

make one!

bit of dowel with a 8mm hole drilled in the end and a box of dental swabs of eBay!

Actually now I use a pair of extra long surgical forceps and the same dental swaps

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    make one!

bit of dowel with a 8mm hole drilled in the end and a box of dental swabs of eBay!

Actually now I use a pair of extra long surgical forceps and the same dental swaps
    ..... Or the working end of a childs tooth brush fit to a short rod. A friend of mine used two of these back to back epoxied to an old pistol cleaning rod. Insert along the bolt rails, give a couple of twists, and out it comes. A patch set between the opposing heads and wrapped loosely around the unit removes what he has broken loose. Works very well and cost next to nothing.~Muir