Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeland Marsh - Any Good ???

Seeland Marsh - Any Good ???

I am in the market for some new hunting clothing, I am mostly a rough shooter and long range varminter, so the gear I use needs to be tough, hardwearing, warm and waterproof. I have been looking at the Seeland Marsh gear online but have not been able to get hold of any to see for myself. If you have any yourself or could give me an unbiased view I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks.

I haven't used it, but I can vouch that it looks and feels like quality stuff in the flesh. I have a couple of other Seeland items and they're good quality. Seeland are the sister company to Harkila and you can often see a Seeland item that's a slightly dumbed down version of its more expensive cousin in the Harkila range.
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

I have had a pair for 2yrs now.
    PROS:
    Good trousers for the money.
    They are tough and waterproof.
    Look smart.
    Some nice feature and well thought out.

CONS:
    Bit too hot for summer and bit too cold for static hunting in winter. (Just wear long johns)
    Sizes come up big.
    Studs for braces dig in your back when your driving.

All in all I like them and would recommend them.

I hope that help mate.

If you want the gloves and are a Medium size, let me know as I have a brand new pair with the labels still on you can have for £30
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by beretta682 View Post
    I am in the market for some new hunting clothing, I am mostly a rough shooter and long range varminter, so the gear I use needs to be tough, hardwearing, warm and waterproof. I have been looking at the Seeland Marsh gear online but have not been able to get hold of any to see for myself. If you have any yourself or could give me an unbiased view I would be very grateful.

Many Thanks.
    If you came into our store with the same needs, this is exactly the range we would show you. We have sold it since it was launched.
    We are 5 minutes from Toddington Junction on the M1, or on th A5 just south of Milton Keynes. We have this in stock, as well as the other ranges such as Advantage, Kensington etc.
    The Jacket is tough with reinforced panels on the main wear points, the trouser are the same. 10,000mm membrane, machine washable (non bio) Jacket comes up a little larger and trouser a little smaller than sized. So if you are just ober a 36" waist go for the 38"

Marsh is the identical triplet of Keeper and Advantage, but in the tougher cloth, so if you have seen these then the benefits are the same.

https://www.ruggedtough.com/seeland-marsh-jacket.html

We are open 7 days, so if you want trip out, pop down to see us. Our postcode is LU7 9LS or phone, Laurence is running the store today and tomorrow (Saturday), on 01525 211488

Any questions, feel free to contact us here too.

All the best
    Andrew
    https://www.ruggedtough.com/countrywear-brands.html

I have had 3 pairs now and use them for stalking on the hill in all weathers , I agree with trucraft , I cut the studs out of mine and use a belt,
    in my opinion you wont go wrong with them

I ordered the Seeland Marsh jacket and on arrival it looked tough and waterproof (never got to test this) but it was too noisy for walk and stalk

Swapped it for the Keeper jacket which is great but not hard wearing. Had to send it back within six months when the seams falied on the jacket and trousers. All fixed under warentee but it was a pain

The Keeper fabric is nice and its quirt, but its not hard wearing so use chaps if your walking through rough stuff

Love the design, love all the pockets, very comfortable to wear and pretty good at being water proof too but cant say they are great because of the seems issue

ATB

Many thanks for the feedback guys, I have just ordered a full set from Montrose tackle and Gun for £240 which was a great price.

Many Thanks.

I have the trousers, worn them once, far to noisy , now in the bottom of the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner223 View Post
    I have the trousers, worn them once, far to noisy , now in the bottom of the cupboard.

+ 1 to this.