Thread: Blaser stock advice

Blaser stock advice

Can anyone tell me, how much difference is there inbetween an off road and an off road pro stock. is the pro stock really £500 better?

I have a genuine need to know before tomorrow. I'll explain tomorrow night.

Ezzy

spend the money on a wooden stock i have had both, the plastic stock has to much flex, if you want a plastic stock rifle go for a sako 85 ss/ sin.

the off road stock is a standard black, the profesional is dark green and has rubber inserts in the fore end and grip area, it also has a palm swell so i would think they are handed. The profesional does feel nicer but i dont know if its worth £500 more.

steve

Blazer

Guys

I have a 93 Professional, Its a nice rifle, but I am not sure it warrants another 500 quid, it was not a prob to me as I picked it up as a real bargin anyway.

I know 2 guys that have both got R8 Pro's in 308 on back order, not sure when they will show up, one of them was told this week by the RFD he was getting it from & then I understand that the Rifle is only being launched at the CLA-so I think he has been spun some s--t by the dealer!

Regs Lee

i have 2 offroads, bugger all wrong with them. tough as old boots. (average gun spends 99% of time in cabinet, .9% of time on wingmirror (oops, mean shoulder) and .1% in hands - who needs better?

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    i have 2 offroads, bugger all wrong with them. tough as old boots. (average gun spends 99% of time in cabinet, .9% of time on wingmirror (oops, mean shoulder) and .1% in hands - who needs better?
    I had ordered an off road in left hand and paid £200 deposit. when i got an email to say the bolt was in and how much balance i had to pay it became aparent that the chap who took the deposit thought i wanted the pro. I rang them today and sorted it out (i'm having an off road) if someone had said that there was a massive difference i'd have thought about the extra £500 for the pro but that will pay for my brass,dies,bullets etc as well as my entrance to the CLA.
    i will sleep tonight now that is sorted. cheers

Ezzy

I have a Pro Camo & one of the old ‘wood effect’ stocks.

Both stocks have had the fore ends strengthen by Alan Rhone so that there are no bipod issues. I’m not sure if the modification was really necessary but the Pro Camo wears a fluted match barrel & moderator so I didn’t want to take the chance.
    With regard to whether the ‘Pro’ is worth the extra £500, at the moment I’m debating another stock for a 7x57 rig. Having given it a lot thought, I think I’m going to go for the standard black & get it Duracoated. That costs circa £100 & will turn something which is rather utilitarian into a stock that looks a bit more traditional, for field use ... plus it saves quite a bit of dosh!

i like that heavy barrel one