Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Subscription sickness,HELP please.

Subscription sickness,HELP please.

My sky tv package has doubled in it's 15 years,now 34.00 per month. My wages have most definately not.
    BT landline and broadband this quarter due 186. Last quarter was 150.
    I used to cringe a few years back when BT was around 130 per month.

That's very basic Sky and very few phone calls.

What could I do to bring these costs down?
    What have members done succesfully please.

My misses, threatens to leave bt every year, and they keep it at the same price pretty much every year, think it's about 100 a quarter but it's only for free weekend calls.

Quote Originally Posted by BRYAN View Post
    My sky tv package has doubled in it's 15 years,now 34.00 per month. My wages have most definately not.

I told Sky to take the cost down or I was off. They refused so I cancelled the package. A week later they started offering me money off to come back. Got 60% off for 12 months. That was a couple of months ago.

Your phone and broadband sound extortionate. I don't think I'm paying that much for a 200mbps FTTP package.

If you've got the basic sky package you are probably not going to get much off but it's worth a try, Sky usually reduce to half price, Sky moves, HD channels and multiroom subscriptions if you kick up a fuss, if you are out of contract with BT you should be able to definitely save money by moving to sky with your internet and landline package though.

I moved from BT to sky for a phone and fibre optic broad band package and my costs went down and the Internet reliability improved.
    Last edited by paultap; 01-10-2016 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by BRYAN View Post

cancel sky buy a Firestick which has been chipped 60 and can watch all sports and films.

you dont say where you are in east anglia but im near peterborough and wades in ramsey sorted me a really good deal give them a call ask for phil. if you cant find their details drop me a pm

Do not go to bt tv!!!!
    Sometimes it's better the devil you know.
    We are a month in and the service it absolutely appalling. My wife has spent hrs on fault lines and customer services and neither department knows what the other does!!It's call centers are in India with an average waiting time of 45 min.
    Look up the" orange light of death" on their routers.
    We are paying the 500 cancellation charges just to get away from bt.
    Zero Internet, zero bt tv and hours spent on the phone to them is not worth the hassle!!!!!
    Atb
    dave

no phoneline both me and wife have mobiles we have freesat box and i have a freeview tv in mancave internet 10 a month thru t-mobile dongle

greenshoots

I drastically pruned my Sky package when it went to 63/month - We had Sports as I like d to watch a bit of Rugby and the wife watches Golf. But we felt were where paying more and more each year for more and more football.

Diched Sky Sports, ditched HD package, ditched some other bundle - result + 20/month. We also have BT Sport - Ditched the HD part of that and still get plenty rugby for 5/month (I think).

If there is anything special on Sky we can get a Day (7.99) or week (10.99) pass

SD Regular
    Do what I did fifteen or so years ago. Get rid of your tv. No license...still get their threatening letters 'tho, no Sky subs, nothing. Mind I am on BT 'phone and internet and do get sometimes extra charges for exceeding my data use.

You'd be well surprised how when you break the habit you realise that most of the time you put the tv on out of habit rather than desire to actually watch something by choice.