TB or not TB?

c18rch

IMG_4463.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg

Shot this roe this evening. Looked healthy before it was shot. Initial inspection before and during the gralloch looked fine. Once the gralloch was removed, I was doing the usual inspections and discovered this. All other signs, lymph nodes etc, looked healthy.

So so what does anyone think?

Certainly needs further investigation,hopefully you have reported it to your local Animal Health office......yes?

Martin

Interesting. You are right to report it. However I've not seen or heard of TB being like that in deer. Miliary TB ocurs in humans though. I can't tell however, if these lesions are on the surface or deep within the lung. If it was just surface, I'd wonder about lungworm, but it's quite severe. Getting a section done for histology would be great.

Doesn't look like TB to me but I'm far from an expert but definitely something worth getting checked. It would be good to hear the diagnosis when you get it back

Not TB.

This is some form or parasitic infection according to the experts.

Thanks for the update, good to get that clarified!

And also good that even though it wasnt TB you still did the right thing in reporting it. Thats as much as any of us can do!

Not TB.

This is some form or parasitic infection according to the experts.

Possible Elaphostrongylus cervix - a worm parasite that used to be quite common in deer or it could be Muellerius capillaris again a worm. The lungs would feel like there was lead shot in them for this one. Both pathogenic so discard and don't give to the dog!

Back