Wanted: Wanted: Regular Red and Sika Stalking in/around Cairngorm National Park

lambic

Hoping to find somewhere in the CNP or on the outskirts where I can do some winter hind stalking initially.

Looking for somewhere I can visit perhaps 6 times per year, to supplement existing woodland Roe stalking.

Not so interested in trophies, just want good quality meat to utilise at home.

Will pay a reasonable price.

Cheers

Last edited:
?? sorry .25-06 don't get it.

Fairly new here. I know my daughter was on a field trip up that way. Sure she mentioned stalking. Hope I haven't made myself look like a right plonker !

Sam

Sam

Some years ago there were large culls of deer at Mar Lodge, Glen Feshie and other nearby estates where helicopters were used to fly stalkers in and out and extract deer carcasses. I'm guessing that's what 25-06 is referrring to. It's a bit of an in joke in the stalking community but it's now that long ago, and that unreported, that plenty are not aware of it.

Sam as Willie says locally the assistance of helicopters to help with a deer cull was not well received by all. Assisting the private Estates would more likely yield success. RSPB could do with shooting a few too:eek:
?? sorry .25-06 don't get it.

Fairly new here. I know my daughter was on a field trip up that way. Sure she mentioned stalking. Hope I haven't made myself look like a right plonker !

Sam

I didn't know about that either, sounds a bit bizarre. The aforementioned estates all seem fully booked up whenever I contact them as well.

[QUOTE RSPB could do with shooting a few too:eek:[/QUOTE]

Depends on which RSPB reserve your on about, their reserve at Nethy Bridge had the quietest Rut anyone has ever known. Shadow of the estate it once was, bloody shame. Tossers

[QUOTE RSPB could do with shooting a few too:eek:

Depends on which RSPB reserve your on about, their reserve at Nethy Bridge had the quietest Rut anyone has ever known. Shadow of the estate it once was, bloody shame. Tossers[/QUOTE] Spot on .... unfortunately

Well got myself some stalking locally, nothing to do with the SD though

Guess I should close the thread.

Back