North West BDS Branch Shoot / Practice 18th July 2010

Ronin

Distinguished Member
The NW branch of the BDS have had to find a new venue for their Branch Shoots / Practice days.

A venue has been found and has been passed for use.

On the 18th July 2010, the first practice shoot will take place at the new venue.

The location is:

Lower Addington, LA6 1HB.

Directions to the range are as follows:

From J35 M6 (north or south) follow signs from slip road for B6254 Kirby Lonsdale to junction with B6254.

Turn left towards Kirby Lonsdale on B6254.

Continue to Over Kellet village and pass through entering national speed limit.

Route will be marked with BDS signs from Over Kellet.

Continue on B6254 for approx 1/2 mile once in national sped limit to right hand junction (turn right) onto Swarthdale Rd and continue to the t-junction. Turn right and the Range is 800yds on the right.

Parking will be clearly marked.

Please book in with RCO.

Course of fire will be similar to Level 1 Stalkers test - or variation of same.

Please bring FAC, suitable calibre rifle and ammunition in suitable cover.

All welcome, (BDS members and guests)

Small fee to cover range will apply to entrants. (as per any other shoot)

Look forwards to seeing you there.

This is posted on the NW section of the BDS web page too.

Well in my case, my other half cunningly planned family commitments for that weekend, she did justify it by explaining that I've been shooting the rifle three weekends a month lately.
Maybe another time though. D

Thanks D

there are three shoots planned this year at the venue, all posted on the NW BDS section of the BDS website.

A while ago there was a post asking about range availability in the NW, which developed quite a few replies from those in the Lancs, Cumbria, N Yorks area.

This would be an ideal opportunity for a meet.

Hi Redmist,
Having never been before I was thinking of having a look, I will be coming from Clitheroe about an hour,

Smithy

It might be a little to far for me to travel to the venue Andy as I live a good 4 mile off at least so i dont know if i will be there or not. Its also the wifes birthday so maybe not
Stu

Wife's birthday I can understand, 4 miles !!!, do these deer society types expect you to walk in ! >

A:lol:

Wife's birthday I can understand, 4 miles !!!, do these deer society types expect you to walk in ! >

A:lol:

Geoff the doc says I have to excercise by walking 3 miles a day so its over my prescribed distance although when you are up with me in the next few weeks i just might walk you a little further just for the hell of it:love:

Stu

giver her a treat, bring her to the range day!

I would love to honest:lol:
I think if I suggested as a treat I was taking her to a rifle shoot she would cut my nutts off:D the mere suggestion of such would go down like a lead fart but we will see, sometimes she has to do a rotary duty at work on a Sunday and might not be able to get the time off if she has to work I will crope out and say nothing as to were I have been:p No promises mind
Actually it would do me a big favour in some respects as i have had my scope of my 22-250 and it would give me a chance to re zero it in and save me a journey to one of my leases where our range is so I will do my best to be there

Last edited:
Back