Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: booming t bolt 17 hmr

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

booming t bolt 17 hmr

anyone use one, THAT WOULD BE A BROWNING MR SPELLCHECKER ON MY PHONE FFS.

got the chance of one for this job i have to do at work.

thoughts from owners on the rifle not the calibre,

thanks

bob
    Last edited by bobjs; 03-10-2016 at 15:43.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

If it's free get it and sell it. Buy something else with the money.
    oh alright then.

Good points. It's light. IF I remember correctly it is the lightest out there. The plastic one has a second mag in the stock. The safety is in the centre. I liked that.
    Bad points. The trigger is a typical browning. I couldn't get mine below 3.5 lb. I'm a delicate soul and have all my triggers at 1.9 lb so 3.5 was way too heavy and caused me to miss at range. If you have fingers like sausages then you will be fine. Snigger.
    when the safety is on you can open the bolt and eject bullets. Either intentionally or unintentionally. Personally as far as I am concerned this is a poor design fault and did my head in.

aside from that it is accuract enough. I replaced mine with a CZ and never looked back. Would I buy another? No way.
    there are probably other things but I can't remember what they are as it was a couple of years ago.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I had one, did the job. The straight pull helps cycle quick but the trigger was a bit agricultural. The magazine was good with ample capacity. It does what it says on the tin as they say... would I buy another one - no but if it's a work tool supplied by work then it will serve its purpose...
    “Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
    –Fred Bear -

It's hard to have surgical accuracy with hard trigger.~Muir

Blog Entries
    cheers lads

i take it the trigger can't be tuned ? or replaced.

its good money but i think i'll stick with a cz,

thank you you for your thoughts/ findings

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    anyone use one, THAT WOULD BE A BROWNING MR SPELLCHECKER ON MY PHONE FFS.

got the chance of one for this job i have to do at work.

thoughts from owners on the rifle not the calibre,

thanks

bob
    try Issc spa .17 hmr. Good trigger, light, accurate. Bad points no importer at the moment. It's a pain to strip and it occasionally won't eject.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    cheers lads

i take it the trigger can't be tuned ? or replaced.

its good money but i think i'll stick with a cz,

thank you you for your thoughts/ findings

bob
    i did have a chat on here with a bloke re adjusting the trigger. He did it but unless you know what your doing.......
    i tried to do it gave up. It won't be an improvement over the CZ.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    If it's free get it and sell it. Buy something else with the money.
    oh alright then.

Good points. It's light. IF I remember correctly it is the lightest out there. The plastic one has a second mag in the stock. The safety is in the centre. I liked that.
    Bad points. The trigger is a typical browning. I couldn't get mine below 3.5 lb. I'm a delicate soul and have all my triggers at 1.9 lb so 3.5 was way too heavy and caused me to miss at range. If you have fingers like sausages then you will be fine. Snigger.
    when the safety is on you can open the bolt and eject bullets. Either intentionally or unintentionally. Personally as far as I am concerned this is a poor design fault and did my head in.

aside from that it is accuract enough. I replaced mine with a CZ and never looked back. Would I buy another? No way.
    there are probably other things but I can't remember what they are as it was a couple of years ago.
    I think it was the explosion that put you off
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I think it was the explosion that put you off
    Sod off smarty pants .

i still have the stock at home.

Blog Entries
    since i may have sold my wee zeiss scope,

I went to have a look at it today,

yuk: what a strange rifle, not very impressed in fact i think i am so glad i asked on here before i said i would have it,

cz all day long

bob.