booming t bolt 17 hmr

bobjs

anyone use one, THAT WOULD BE A BROWNING MR SPELLCHECKER ON MY PHONE FFS.:(

got the chance of one for this job i have to do at work.

thoughts from owners on the rifle not the calibre,

thanks

bob

Last edited:
If it's free get it and sell it. Buy something else with the money.
oh alright then.

Good points. It's light. IF I remember correctly it is the lightest out there. The plastic one has a second mag in the stock. The safety is in the centre. I liked that.
Bad points. The trigger is a typical browning. I couldn't get mine below 3.5 lb. I'm a delicate soul and have all my triggers at 1.9 lb so 3.5 was way too heavy and caused me to miss at range. If you have fingers like sausages then you will be fine. Snigger.
when the safety is on you can open the bolt and eject bullets. Either intentionally or unintentionally. Personally as far as I am concerned this is a poor design fault and did my head in.

aside from that it is accuract enough. I replaced mine with a CZ and never looked back. Would I buy another? No way.
there are probably other things but I can't remember what they are as it was a couple of years ago.

I had one, did the job. The straight pull helps cycle quick but the trigger was a bit agricultural. The magazine was good with ample capacity. It does what it says on the tin as they say... would I buy another one - no but if it's a work tool supplied by work then it will serve its purpose...

cheers lads

i take it the trigger can't be tuned ? or replaced.

its good money but i think i'll stick with a cz,

thank you you for your thoughts/ findings

bob

anyone use one, THAT WOULD BE A BROWNING MR SPELLCHECKER ON MY PHONE FFS.:(

got the chance of one for this job i have to do at work.

thoughts from owners on the rifle not the calibre,

thanks

bob
try Issc spa .17 hmr. Good trigger, light, accurate. Bad points no importer at the moment. It's a pain to strip and it occasionally won't eject.

cheers lads

i take it the trigger can't be tuned ? or replaced.

its good money but i think i'll stick with a cz,

thank you you for your thoughts/ findings

bob

i did have a chat on here with a bloke re adjusting the trigger. He did it but unless you know what your doing.......
i tried to do it gave up. It won't be an improvement over the CZ.

If it's free get it and sell it. Buy something else with the money.
oh alright then.

Good points. It's light. IF I remember correctly it is the lightest out there. The plastic one has a second mag in the stock. The safety is in the centre. I liked that.
Bad points. The trigger is a typical browning. I couldn't get mine below 3.5 lb. I'm a delicate soul and have all my triggers at 1.9 lb so 3.5 was way too heavy and caused me to miss at range. If you have fingers like sausages then you will be fine. Snigger.
when the safety is on you can open the bolt and eject bullets. Either intentionally or unintentionally. Personally as far as I am concerned this is a poor design fault and did my head in.

aside from that it is accuract enough. I replaced mine with a CZ and never looked back. Would I buy another? No way.
there are probably other things but I can't remember what they are as it was a couple of years ago.

I think it was the explosion that put you off :rofl:

since i may have sold my wee zeiss scope,

I went to have a look at it today,

yuk: what a strange rifle, not very impressed in fact i think i am so glad i asked on here :) before i said i would have it,

cz all day long

bob.

I had the chance of one when I was filling my .22 slot. Very light, very trick, but I went for a good old bolt action in the end. Tried and tested technology, and will likely still be around in another hundred years

I had the chance of one when I was filling my .22 slot. Very light, very trick, but I went for a good old bolt action in the end. Tried and tested technology, and will likely still be around in another hundred years

yeh

i am doing the same, looking for a wee cz,

bob,

I have one in hmr. One of the best rifles I've used. Liked it that much I was thinking of getting it in .22 as well.
Couldnt of been happier with it

Back