DSC Level 1..Passed it!!

rigboot

Morning lads,

Well chuffed today, I passed my DSC Level 1 yesterday after spending 2 days with Chris Dalton at Ayrstalk and had a great time.

Accomodation is first class and the venison sausages for Ann’s huge breakfast set me up for the whole day.

It was a very relaxed but efficient method of training from Chris, learned loads of great tips from him and I also asked for some extra firearms awareness training to assist with my FAC application which was well worth doing as far as I was concerned.

I managed to pass the written and safety sections with 100% which only proves background work is really essential because, unfortunately, 1 guy from the course failed the Question bank paper and 2 failed on the Hygiene paper.

My shooting went much better than expected , shot one 3 shot zero session to get used to the estate rifle, then my 3 in the target successfully before the 2 @ 100’ prone , 2 @ 70’ sitting , and 2 @ 40’ standing which had me grouping well and successfully passing.

Time spent practicing with sticks with the old airgun helped get my techniques to an acceptable level I felt,

I wasn’t too worried about the written papers as I had done loads of study but pleased I got the shooting ok with my limited experience.

I’d agree with what others have said on here re: deer identification slides, take your time and find the prominent identification points of the various species, they are there but you need to find them!!

I’d also like to thank the people who took the time to give advice and assistance from various threads and PM’s etc on the Stalking Directory. Much appreciated and of course a big thanks to Chris and Ann at Ayrstalk.

Once I get some experience under my belt I would definately like to progress through the Level 2, but thats a long way off for e just now.

Now the hard bit, FAC application next…

Cheers

Rigboot

Well Done!
Good Approach to Deer Stalking IMHO, & best of luck with FAC application and future outings.

Peter

Top bloke, well done.
clap.gif

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the best wishes lads,

I had a little more good news today advising me we have now picked up yet more land locally for stalking. Within 5 mins from the house so very pleased with this too. Havng the DSC1 opens up the ground.

Time to put the theory into practice soon.

All the best & thanks again

Rigboot

well done mate
i sat the dsc1 today and passed.chris at garryloop is a top bloke. cant praise him enough

well done i also passed my level 1 with chris .One thing for sure he knows what he is talking about .ps and anns breakfast top notch

Back