WTF? Lynx in Sussex?

I has seen a "big cat" in east sussex. it was black, not as big as a panther but not a moggy. it cleared a 5 bar gate from 3 foot away cleared the top about 2 foot and landed about 3 foot away from it.

not sure what it was but it was big.

I has seen a "big cat" in east sussex. it was black, not as big as a panther but not a moggy. it cleared a 5 bar gate from 3 foot away cleared the top about 2 foot and landed about 3 foot away from it.

not sure what it was but it was big.

Funny how they're always black..... Despite the fact that black is the most unlikely colour for any type of "big" cat to be!

What's this then? Some kind of ocelot, I reckon. Looks like it must have escaped from a wildlife sanctuary judging by the tag :D :D :

IMAG0029.jpg

Further evidence obtained from the same camera does show another cat with similar markings to the "lynx":

IMAG0313.jpg

and this time in colour:

IMAG0145.jpg

Who said Bengal?

IMAG0317.jpg

A friend of mine who keeps Bengal cats (not locally) did say they're fairly big. Compared to a fox that has made regular appearances on the camera, it's a big (domestic) cat. They must be attracted to the IR on the camera (Aldi) as there are loads of pictures of the black and white cat looking directly at the camera and a fair few of Charlie doing the same.

Back